Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where do large busted ladies go for professional bra fitting

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:46 pm
I did a few online calculators to figure out my size. I think Im a 36G. In department stores where I usually shop I dont see sizes bigger than D. I am willing to go for a professional fitting and spend up to $50/ bra. Where do you recommend?
A few years ado I went to 2 places in Flatbush but I wasn't happy with either fit.

I can shop in Flatbush, Boro Park, and all major department stores.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:50 pm
I highly recommend breakoutbras.com. they really have GOOD large size bras. I've shopped in everywhere from nordstrom to victoria secret to saposh and was never happy with the bras I got before I ordered from them. they explain very clearly how to measure yourself.

Henya

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:50 pm
saposh-BP

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:51 pm
They really should pay me a commission lol.
Anyway for the 1000th time, Edith Lance 747 at Saposh !!!

Accept no cheap imitatiions

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 1:53 pm
http://www.branyc.com

m in Israel

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 2:59 pm
OP said up to $50 -- an Edith Lance at Saposh is over $100 -- not her price range.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 3:06 pm
call inspiration lingerei in brooklyn.

iluvfood

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 3:36 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
They really should pay me a commission lol.
Anyway for the 1000th time, Edith Lance 747 at Saposh !!!

Accept no cheap imitations

is there any way to buy the edith lance online cheap? I find each one is abit different and so needs trying on.but im finding it abit expensive buying full price.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 3:38 pm
how do you sop for bras online? dont you need to try it on?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 3:39 pm
m in Israel wrote:
OP said up to $50 -- an Edith Lance at Saposh is over $100 -- not her price range.
And I thought that she was recommending I get fitted by a lady named Edith Lance who works in that store. embarrassed

mille

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
I highly recommend breakoutbras.com. they really have GOOD large size bras. I've shopped in everywhere from nordstrom to victoria secret to saposh and was never happy with the bras I got before I ordered from them. they explain very clearly how to measure yourself.

Great suggestion. Here's a few more online (but breakoutbras.com has the best measuring guide):

figleaves.com
brastop.com
bravissimo.com
herroom.com
Amazon (surprisingly -- you can even filter results by band size and cup size)
largecuplingerie.com
ebay.com (search say "34G bra" -- almost everything is brand new with tags, tends to be overstock that was sold to a third party ebay power seller, you can get CHEAP stuff that way)
nordstrom.com (30+ bands and up to a UK H cup, free shipping and free returns)

Measure yourself, OP, and focus on the good quality British brands like Freya, Panache, Curvy Kate, Masquerade, Cleo, Bravissimo, etc.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 5:54 pm
Town Shop on the upper west side is amazing. I usually go for a fitting buy one bra from them and then order a few more of the same online for less. The price depends on the bra.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 5:56 pm
Bali - a make of underwear, have minimizers that run up to a G cup. They are available at Macy's, hanesplace.com or at the hanes stores. If there is an outlet mall near to you, many of them have a Hanes outlet store with good prices.

They are advertised as $30 generally you can purchase them for buy one get one half off, or often 15-30% off.

Macy's often have a sale: Buy 2 get the third free.

ariellabella

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 6:22 pm
Go to Nordstrom. Have a proper bra fitting, then buy one bra (I'm a huge fan of Chantelle brand, but they are a bit over your price range). After that, you can shop online if you know your size.

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:17 am
I think that the Edith Lance Bra is an excellent choice, even if it means buying one instead of two and then having to wash it and let it hang dry overnight. I am large busted also and I've tried the Bali and other really good ones (I can't remember the names) however, I only feel comfortable going out with the Edith Lance, it's the only one that makes me feel and look put together. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics