Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you haver health and life insurance.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 9:29 am
We have health insurance. It is about 700 a month. We can't afford it anymore. Are we ibligated to have it now with Obama care? Should we go into debt in order to have it ? I don't think we qualify for low rates. We are 50 yo. I feel very guilty for not having life insurance since we still have school age dc. Wwyd? Should we get life insurance? What is more important?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 10:04 am
Dh pays about $200/yr for life insurance. Mine is more because of a preexisting condition.

with obamacare there should be cheaper health insurance options available soon

smiledr

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 10:59 am
Our health insurance is over 2k a month thank gd no health issues. We both have life insurance that costs several thousand a year bec one of my policies is a retirement policy. I my opinion u can't afford not to have insurance especially at 50. It's possible Obama care would benefit u tho it's costing me over 10 k a year as per my accountant.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:44 am
Rates for life insurance go up as you get older. My husband and I are under 30 and we were able to each get a million dollar term life insurance policy for about $500 a year.

Health insurance is a must, yes. According to Obamacare you'll have to pay a fine if you don't have health insurance, but for you own good you should definitely get. You write that you're 50, and that means you'd need more frequent doctor appointments (just talking about preventive care appointments alone) than a 20-year old.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Rates for life insurance go up as you get older. My husband and I are under 30 and we were able to each get a million dollar term life insurance policy for about $500 a year.

Health insurance is a must, yes. According to Obamacare you'll have to pay a fine if you don't have health insurance, but for you own good you should definitely get. You write that you're 50, and that means you'd need more frequent doctor appointments (just talking about preventive care appointments alone) than a 20-year old.

how can you write that you're 50 if they have you SS#?

also, that's lying.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 1:33 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
amother wrote:

how can you write that you're 50 if they have you SSDI?

also, that's lying.

Huh? I wrote that the OP says that is 50 years old, so I was telling her that at that age you see doctors more often so it pays to get health insurance.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 1:35 pm
I apologize, I read what you wrote in correctly. sorry.

Shana_H

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 2:12 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
amother wrote:

also, that's lying.

You put together a very informatative responce to the OP, I don't understand why you use the Amother avitar.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 2:17 pm
Shana_H wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:
amother wrote:

also, that's lying.

You put together a very informatative responce to the OP, I don't understand why you use the Amother avitar.

Because I don't need people knowing what insurances I have Wink and how old I am!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 5:26 pm
Op here
Thank for the advice. C
What about life insurance. Is there any place to get cheaper quotes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics