Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Informing Frum Employer About Pregnancy

When did you tell your boss you were pregnant?
After first trimester  
 39%  [ 9 ]
4th-5th month  
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

amother

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 2:32 pm
At what point is it expected for a vital worker to let their boss know about a pregnancy? This is in a small and heimish office, so the standard HR guidelines might be a bit different.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 2:33 pm
OP here- I mistakenly left out the third option, to wait until you start showing.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 2:35 pm
All of your poll options seem the same - the 4-5 th month is after the first trimester and is when you generally start showing.

smss

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 2:42 pm
my office wants to know by 6 months. I would say that unless you were told otherwise, 4-5 months is fine. personally I would feel funny walking around showing without saying anything to my employer though.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 2:51 pm
I didn't start siren until 6 months but I told my employers at 4 months.
I think it's menchlich to let them know asap as you are a vital worker and they will have to make arrangements.

Volunteer

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 3:57 pm
I think it depends on your HR person's character. In some workplaces, they'll give you the axe when they realize you're pregnant, or they'll hire someone new, and not rehire you after your leave is over. Personally, I think that you don't need to share stuff like this with your employer. Everyone will notice eventually anyway. This is a reason why women get paid less to do the same job- we're always at "risk" of becoming pregnant. Exploding anger

mandr

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 4:14 pm
I told my boss at about 14 weeks even though I did not plan on telling them then! I wasn't showing till much later, but here's what happened. There's one employee over whom I'm a manager and she gave 2 week's notice that she's leaving. We knew that I'm going to need to train in somebody else and that means finding a new girl sooner than we thought we might, so I had to tell them just to be mentchlich so we have enough time to find someone and have me train her in. My boss was very appreciative of the fact.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics