Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
New-ish "modest" blog
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:03 pm
I'm going to leave the word modest in quotes because of it's questionable use but the blog has nice ideas so I'm sharing it. It also transports me to a certain world of hot chanies that I've only read about on imamother. Wink

http://www.alamodesty.com

Anonymous because I just shared the link on FB too...

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:04 pm
She looks gorgeous and I love her style but all her clothes are designer and $$$$$$$.

Not for me Sad

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:07 pm
I know, right? I'm like, please share some background info on how someone so young has so much money to spend? There's one particular outfit that she says was for running errands and my eyes just popped wide open...we clearly don't run the same type of errands! lol I guess maybe she does them without kids....no stilettos for me when I'm walking the aisles of Target. Or anywhere actually!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:13 pm
Inheritance? who knows.
Fashionistas sometimes devote the budget to clothes and don't do vacay or whatever.
Maybe she was in a big mall for an errand and saw it

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:20 pm
Why isn't the link working for me?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:24 pm
That's totally how I ended up with my Prada bag...it called out to me when I went socks shopping at the big mall downtown and I thought, I'll just save up and never buy socks again and buy this bag instead! Wink Sorry, couldn't resist

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:25 pm
Blogs like this (tznius for 90% people or something) appeal to a circle who may never consider tzniusdik clothes otherwise. Let's not shoot it down.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:29 pm
the closet is closed

Blue jay

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:34 pm
She looks like a model!

If I wore those outfits it would be like a contained moving earthquake!

Some inspiring ideas like the denim skirt white shirt and jacket and heals combo.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:36 pm
FashionIsha is another "high end" blog, with wardrobes most of us can only dream about. I like to get ideas about how to remix the stuff I already have, to give it a fresh look.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 12:53 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:

Some inspiring ideas like the denim skirt white shirt and jacket and heals combo.

how is that inspiring ... me feet ache with the mere thought of heels

Blue jay

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 1:15 pm
greenfire wrote:
QueenBee3 wrote:

how is that inspiring ... me feet ache with the mere thought of heels

Inspiring but adaptable. Like exchanging the heels will a low heel wedge or flats.
(This coming from me who is home now wearing a sweat shirt and slides with white athletic socks!....Wait I know Ill make my own Shlumpanista blog! Very Happy )

chicco

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:11 pm
I am sorry , I don't get this. I don't know how to say what I would like without it being considered Lashon hara, but suffice it to say I don't think we should look to this at all as an example of modesty in any regard. I don't think it is helpful to us at all.

chicco

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:13 pm
As I am scrolling down to an outfit with a nude colored shirt, my almost three year old just asked me "Why isn't she wearing a shirt."

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:17 pm
Why do all the blogs and mags (like in fashion) have clothes that only the 1% can afford? My heart sinks when I'm looking for inspiration for chic clothes or to seek the newest trends all I find are clothes that cost a fortune. Chic and expensive needn't be synonymous. Can anyone point me to a blog or mag with chic clothes that are affordable?? I'm not aware of any!

bigsis144

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:30 pm
In every shot where her face is even somewhat obscured, I keep doing double takes that it's actress Jaime Murray from Warehouse 13...

Fashion is soooo foreign to me that I find it incredibly intimidating. Especially since the people who seem to know most about it have unlimited budgets and figures that can pull off otherwise ridiculous-looking articles of clothing.

Here's another vote for a frum guide to dressing fabulously on a "buy maximum 2 pieces from Target/TJ Maxx/Kohls this season, the rest has to already be in my closet" budget, and what to wear when you look like you're not a professional model!

lk1234

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:35 pm
I love this! Thanks for sharing the link! It's inspiring to me to see someone with such talent and beauty.

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:40 pm
Can someone help me figure out why when I click on the link it tells me to check back soon, this site is closed.
I am so curious what the fuss is about .

Thanks

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:42 pm
Actually it says "future home of something quite cool".

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:41 pm
Many of the items are from non American websites, but I adore this one...her styles are often affordable, modest, creative etc

http://frumfashionmaven.blogspot.com

This is not a frum blog, but her styles are simple, modest, cheap and attainable:

http://www.puttingmetogether.com
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics