Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
New-ish "modest" blog
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:05 pm
This is how I see it.

There is a balance between this extreme:
http://us.asos.com/River-Islan.....yb2Qv

And this one: (and look at the price tag on this atrocity!!!)
http://us.asos.com/Ashish-Over.....kLw..

There is beautiful, Audrey inspired, ladylike, stylish balance!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/......html

http://www.dresscorilynn.com/p.....navy/

marina

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:35 pm
Lol.

This is not a modest clothing blog. This is a "LOOK AT ME I'M SO HOT" blog, and she happens to be wearing skirts instead of pants.

Beyla

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:45 pm
Actually, she IS gorgeous.

Maya

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:46 pm
marina wrote:
Lol.

This is not a modest clothing blog. This is a "LOOK AT ME I'M SO HOT" blog, and she happens to be wearing skirts instead of pants.

Agree. Mostly because there are so many unnecessary photos. The right way to do it would be to have one photo of the entire getup, and then single close-up shots of each item/accessory individually. She has six pictures of the whole look, obviously just to show off her body from all sides, and then only one zoomed in.

sara53

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:11 pm
marina wrote:
Lol.

Marina... You are just jealous...... Surprised

JK

marina

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:27 pm
sara53 wrote:
marina wrote:
Lol.

Marina... You are just jealous...... Surprised

JK

Actually... I didn't want to make a big deal, but this is my blog. So lol, I'm not jealous. I'm just HAWT.

Last edited by marina on Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:27 pm
I'm sorry, Tznius isn't about wearing pants or skirt, or covering collarbone and elbows. Neither is it about a married woman covering hair.

This is anything but modest.

Tznius is about using your own judgement to look beautiful without attracting too much attention.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry, Tznius isn't about wearing pants or skirt, or covering collarbone and elbows. Neither is it about a married woman covering hair.

This is anything but modest.

Tznius is about using your own judgement to look beautiful without attracting too much attention.

My post. Didn't mean to post anon.

marina

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:31 pm
For all of those poor unfortunate souls who are not cool enough to access my blog via the OP's link, here's another place where you can check out how awesome I am! And modest!

https://plus.google.com/100224.....posts

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:41 pm
You mean to tell me that if you're a size 00 with oodles of cash you can dress fabulously? Wow yes this blog is groundbreaking.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:42 pm
that brick wall is getting on my nerves. no matter how wonderful her outfit is (and I only like a couple of items she wears, most of what she wears doesn't say wow to me), it just doesn't look good against that brick wall. I don't know whether it's the lighting or lack thereof or just bad photography, but if she wants to look great in photos, a brick wall taking up the whole background isn't going to do it.

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 5:49 pm
Thanks Marina.

Do people really dress like that every day? Heels every day? I would feel odd walking around the supermarket in s@xy heels like that, but that's just me.
She does seem very fashion forward.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:13 pm
funny thing about wearing heels. I'm pretty short and don't wear heels often. but when I do, I forget that I'm wearing them. when I have to sit down, I only bend as far as I'm used to bending. I end up falling the last two inches to the seat. fortunately, my couch is cushy, but when getting into a hard chair... ouch.

heels are a hazard to my rear end. I don't understand the heels with the platform in front. I don't care about walking, how does anyone sit down in them?

Nomie

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:27 pm
So formal. I much prefer the MIMU girls:

http://mimumaxi.bigcartel.com/

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:44 pm
Here's what I like in fashion: http://www.pinterest.com/rivka.....hion/

None of it needs to be expensive if you know how to mix and match. (OK, the designer evening gowns are the exception). Really, it's all about the accessories, color, and knowing what cut looks good on you.

Nomie

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 6:56 pm
The part of me that subscribed to Vogue is too jealous to look at this type of stuff, lol. That being said, it's not the labels you own, but the creativity with which you style them. These ensembles just don't do it for me. Not interesting enough. Anyone can pair a peplum with a pencil skirt, I wanna see something crazy.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 7:47 pm
Nomie wrote:
The part of me that subscribed to Vogue is too jealous to look at this type of stuff, lol. That being said, it's not the labels you own, but the creativity with which you style them. These ensembles just don't do it for me. Not interesting enough. Anyone can pair a peplum with a pencil skirt, I wanna see something crazy.

That's true for some ppl, but I would like to find a blog about normal (not crazy) outfits so that I can learn what's in style. I would appreciate a blog like this one but for the prices - YSL?? Chanel?? J-SUS whose money is this girl living off on?? Hubby and I BOTH work kyh and I can't bring myself to part with $1k for a bag, forget about 30 bags!! Girl, grab those bags and clothes sell them and you'll get a nice down payment for a house! Or better yet, a set up a college fund, what with the costs of education rising astronomically.

rising hero

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 8:05 pm
Did anyone see her latest post?

bluebird

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:

That's true for some ppl, but I would like to find a blog about normal (not crazy) outfits so that I can learn what's in style. I would appreciate a blog like this one but for the prices - YSL?? Chanel?? J-SUS whose money is this girl living off on??

I must be tired. I kept wondering who this J-SUS (jay-suss in my head) designer was, at least I'm familiar with YSL and Chanel. Smile

To be DKLZ, it's entirely possible that she's modeling clothing that she doesn't own, which is borrowed from friends or borrowed by stores (presumably for advertising).

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 8:20 pm
Well maybe now she'll join imamother.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics