Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Claire accuhair, Shevy, kiki, or other help me decide.

chevron

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 2:29 pm
. Which would you recommend.? I want the best! Thanks.

oohlala

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 2:44 pm
I don't like my kiki, but love my shevy. The kiki never fit me well, I have a low hairline. The hair is very straight and sleek, which is fine, but if you put a curling iron to it, the hair gets all knotty and feels icky. In any case the straight hair doesn't hold the style well. I have no complaints about the Shevy's fit and hair quality. The Shevy is a bit more expensive than the kiki, but at that price point I'd spend a few extra $100 for the Shevy. Don't know much about the Claire. Good luck!

nyer1

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 2:58 pm
Love my shevy. Always buy through a sheital Macher who will stand behind it tho

srbmom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:30 pm
The cut of my Shevy is not in style anymore - so I don't really wear it much, but the hair is still beautiful after 8 years and counting. And it is my most comfortable sheitel by far.

southernima

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 3:59 pm
I bought two shevys a year ago - one I loved right away and one had crazy knotting problems for almost a year. I specifically bought two to be able to rotate....however I sent the knotting one back three times. By about 9 months into my purchase, the one that wasn't knotting was sent back to shevy because there were crazy split ends and the hair just looked frazzled. Shevy blamed it on the person who styled it and said she burned it - the person who does my wigs has 2000 clients with a great reputation. She said she has never been accused of this before. Now I have the one that was knotting back - after almost a year of sending it back to shevy and I do really like it. Unfortunately the other one looks very worn and ratty and I am definitely disappointed with shevys customer service. I do like my shevy a lot, but I was definitely annoyed it took them almost a year to get it right....and am super annoyed about the ratty looking one - they were both about 4K so in my mind this is completely unacceptable. They do make great wigs, but they aren't always great and their service sucks so proceed with caution.

watergirl

Post Thu, Oct 10 2013, 4:50 pm
southernima wrote:
I bought two shevys a year ago - one I loved right away and one had crazy knotting problems for almost a year. I specifically bought two to be able to rotate....however I sent the knotting one back three times. By about 9 months into my purchase, the one that wasn't knotting was sent back to shevy because there were crazy split ends and the hair just looked frazzled. Shevy blamed it on the person who styled it and said she burned it - the person who does my wigs has 2000 clients with a great reputation. She said she has never been accused of this before. Now I have the one that was knotting back - after almost a year of sending it back to shevy and I do really like it. Unfortunately the other one looks very worn and ratty and I am definitely disappointed with shevys customer service. I do like my shevy a lot, but I was definitely annoyed it took them almost a year to get it right....and am super annoyed about the ratty looking one - they were both about 4K so in my mind this is completely unacceptable. They do make great wigs, but they aren't always great and their service sucks so proceed with caution.

4k EACH?

chevron

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 12:04 pm
bump

southernima

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:41 pm
watergirl wrote:
southernima wrote:

4k EACH?

About, yes. I bought an 18" and a 20" - I am very tall, so an 18" is actually like a normal, just past the shoulders length on me. The 18" was 3600 (or maybe it was 3900) and a 20" that was 4100 or 4300 - I can't remember now. One was a little under 4K and one was a little over. Crazy, I know. Thats why I am so angry with them. For 4K you should be standing by your product. They did not, and frankly they don't care.

southernima

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:44 pm
I have heard great things about esther aron, and I personally have never heard anything negative about her wigs. If I lived in NY I'd probably get from her. I'll need another for work next year and I plan to get from her. I also have a ralph when I got married that I like a lot, he is a little temperamental but he does 100% stand by his product.

gemini90

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:46 pm
I just ordered a wig from Gali in GreatNeck. The wigs that I tried on were stunning. She has 2 lines Brazilian and European. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. Her wigs are inexpensive and it's the same price no matter what length. I didn't get mine yet because she had to custom order the color so I don't know how it hold up but her customer service is amazing and she stands behind her product 100%.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 4:17 pm
I'm thrilled with my Esther Aron. She sells to shaitel machers in other cities btw.

mimimom

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 11:21 am
Claire Accuhair is FABULOUS! I"ve had mine for over 3 years--of daily wear--and it's still wonderful--no oxidation, and the hair looks and feels like it did when I first got it. I have had it styled all sorts of different ways--straight, wavy--and it holds the style for weeks.
They have both customs and pre-made (which are cheaper, but still with the same wonderful hair) The only thing to think about is how hard you are on the net. She has completely hand-tied shaitels (what I have) but if you do a lot of styling and fixing up yourself you might be better off with her line that is wefted in the back and hand tied only in the front.
Either way these are the best!

lk1234

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 11:26 am
I love shevy. Yes, they are expensive but every other shaitel I've tried, the hair just doesn't even come close. Shevy is amazing and worth waiting and saving up the money for one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels