Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood Boys Yeshivas

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:12 pm
So my oldest child is turning 5 soon and we are applying to yeshivas for him. The thing is that he is the oldest grandchild in Lakewood on both sides, so I don't really know anything about any schools and I don't know where to apply.

Can anyone help?

We are yeshivish, but not overly so. My husband works full-time, I work part-time, and we both have advanced degrees. I dress tzniusdik according to Lakewood standards. He is really smart and I want him to be appreciated as an individual and not just for his learning potential. I want a school that has teachers who work with the parents to bring out each child's potential and are on top of the social situation to prevent bullying and help kids develop proper middos.

Are there any schools in Lakewood that would be right for us?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:16 pm
Kol Torah in Lakewood would be a great choice! The principal, Rabbi Schwartz is extremely intuned to the needs of each boy. The school is kept small, 1 class per grade with amazing Rebbi's and parent body alike. They are very into hand-on projects to illustrate what they are learning, parent-teacher communication and stress good middos.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:21 pm
Look into Kol Torah and Tashbar.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:25 pm
Yeshiva Ketana might be your type.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:30 pm
Tashbar is one of the most academically challenging schools and they provide a very good secular education. They're open to all types, my husband works full-time too and I'd say many if not most fathers in the school do. It's a very normal, nice parent body and the rebbeim and hanhala are dedicated to giving each boy the best experience. We're very happy there b"H.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:43 pm
Another vote for tashbar Smile great school. Very academic and very normal parent body.

balibusta

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:54 pm
Tashbar, Rabbi Bender's school(although newish)

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 4:54 pm
I forgot to mention that I also want a school with a good secular education!

Tashbar does sound like a good choice.

Can anyone give more info about Kol Torah and Rabbi Bender's school, or give any other suggestions?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 5:02 pm
I wonder how hard these schools are to get into.
We're also looking for a school for our son.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Oct 17 2013, 11:43 am
Does anyone have information about the schools mentioned? What about Yeshiva Ketana or Orchos Chaim?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children