Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Your favorite Avrohom Fried’s song?

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 12:11 pm
Help, I can’t pick! He’s really a very talented singer, and nobody can put down a song as sweetly as him! Just pick out an old cd such as ‘nigun bal shem tov’ and enjoy!

My old favorite is giant’s shoulders. Can anyone post the lyrics? Thanks!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:47 pm
hmmmmmmmmm..............my favorite avrohom fried song would be.......NONE OF THEM! why? because they SUCK!

SZ mother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:48 pm
he is great!!!!!
I love it!

I think that chazak and chevron sheli are very nice! a lot of strenght.
Kol Hakavod!

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:54 pm
Amother - You sound like a teenager who hijacked her mothers computer.

If so I hope Yael checks it out!

tweety99

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 2:02 pm
yup, a "highly" mature comment if there ever was one! Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 2:14 pm
no, actually I'm not a teenager. I am a woman who is almost 30 years old, and I hate avrohom fried. I think his songs are blood-curdlingly horrible, ridiculous, and wimpy.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 2:23 pm
I like when he sings Lubavitcher Niggunim. I enjoy a few other of his songs too.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 2:35 pm
I like Peduscho L'amcho, bayshanim, Father dont cry, tanye, and Forever One.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:39 pm
why does she have to be a teenager just cause she doesn't like a particular kind of music?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:41 pm
No ..Because of the extremly immature way she responded

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:47 pm
I guess she dislikes him that much ... aren't you ever immature ... s/t I am ... so what ...

Don't know which songs I like or don't cause have forgotten who sings what ... I'm so mature that I'm going senial Twisted Evil

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:22 pm
Quote:
blood-curdlingly horrible

Now that’s a unique adjective for describing music. I never heard music being described this way, no mater how awful. You can say ‘not my style, not Jewish enough for my kids, too funky, too lame..” anything! If amother can’t come up with anything that really matches music, then we really don’t know what’s bothering her (him?)!

I really want those lyrics!

jewgal84

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:27 pm
Forever One, Shalahevet, Father Don't Cry and Katan Sheli Music !!

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
no, actually I'm not a teenager. I am a woman who is almost 30 years old, and I hate avrohom fried. I think his songs are blood-curdlingly horrible, ridiculous, and wimpy.

So what kind of music do you listen to then? Which Jewish artists do you class as not "blood-curdlingly horrible, ridiculous, and wimpy"? Are you really telling us that you find every single song that he has sung is "blood-curdlingly horrible, ridiculous, and wimpy"?

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:38 pm
AMOTHER - If you’re almost 30, then you’re my age. In my age, I grew up with Avrohom Fried, MBD, Tzvil Vzemer, Miami Boys Choir, Belzer Tapes, and Shlomo Carlbach. They all beautiful and they all had albums that were hits and others that were not so amazing. I’m wondering which ones were “hair-raising, knuckle-busting, brain-bashing, etc.’ in your honest opinion?

tweety99

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:58 pm
im a great fan of fried, esp like ani choshev aleichem, tanya, avrohom yogeil, alot of his old stuff basically!

bashinda

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 8:08 pm
and why amother feels like she must be anonymous to say horrific things about the talent of a resident of MY neighborhood I might add! Harrumphies!

Actually we used to go to shul where he went and duchuning was very distracting. "Oh, it's Avraham Fried, no hello, concentrate, it's duchuning" etc etc

One time DH took DD up to him and said "that's the man who bentched you. Oh and he also sings on the side"

I don't have the lyrics sorry withumor but I don't have one favorite song. Maybe My Fellow Jew or Forever One. I like Dido Bey also. I used to like Chazak but I think I'm sick of it (kind of like Someday by MBD I like it but I'm sick of it at the same time)

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 8:20 pm
I also love Ima & Menachem from Dedi.

(A.F is a Kohain?)

bashinda

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 8:31 pm
withumor: yep!

timeout

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 2:20 pm
"no, actually I'm not a teenager. I am a woman who is almost 30 years old, and I hate avrohom fried. I think his songs are blood-curdlingly horrible, ridiculous, and wimpy."

I'm turning 30 now and I guess we were just raised differently because in my house unless the person is a child molester or goes around saying the Holacaust was a myth we would never describe another Jewish person or slander his Parnassah like you did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics