Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Does your daughter have a full-length mirror?
Previous  1  2  3

bubbebia

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:57 pm
For a teenage girl, a full-length mirror is part of the deal. They are extremely "looks" conscious, and this is probably the most benign way you can let her be obsessed with her looks. We had one on the closet door that was nailed on. Fell down in the middle of the night and shattered. But there are so many different kinds now I'm sure you'll find something inexpensive that will do the trick. Check out Wal-mart, K-mart, Target. I bet even Amazing Savings might have one. It's not going to make her overly conscious with her looks. She's already that way. But this will maybe make her less conscious because she can see how she looks already.

Simple1

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Simple1 wrote:
Wouldn't a floor mirror take up more space than a wall or closet mirror.

We have a junior-four apartment. We are using the "dinette" as a bedroom bc it's cheaper than a two-bedroom.

(I wished we lived in Lakewood...)

One wall is a sliding door, and it cannot support a mirror. The sliding doors are solid, though.

There is no window, so the doors are slatted to allow air. This is why we cannot put the mirror on the doors since they will block the air.

Likewise, the closets are portable and cannot support a mirror (I wish I lived in Lakewood)... (Ebay.com and type in "portable closet"

That does seem difficult. Even though we live in Lakewood, our house is pretty small compared to others around here.

One more thing - what about the bathroom door?

freidasima

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 4:13 pm
We have a mirror in every room except the kitchen. Each bedroom has a full length mirror on the inside door of the closet and two bedrooms the outside of one of the closet doors is an entire mirror. In the bathroom we have a full length mirror and now that we have remodeled we have two, one where part of the bathtub was and another half an entire wall (small) is a mirror. In the living room/dining room/entrance we have a mirror at face height to check one's face, hair, hat, sheitl before walking out.

What's the problem with having a mirror? How can you check your clothing without one? Your shoes from the back? Your back and the backs of your legs, for moles, growths, etc? What's the big deal? They aren't expensive...

amother

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 6:52 pm
OP, your portable closets should be able to hold a frameless mirror.

busydev

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:38 pm
the full length mirrors that I bought do not weigh all that much. and they dont cost all that much either (under $25). at very least you can buy a framed mirror that she can keep against a wall behind something or in the closet and take out and prop against her bed etc for when she needs it

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 12:53 pm
I was often told I'm looks obsessed but I realize I really am not ! LOL
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children