Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shabbos in Yerushalayim

pgk

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 6:39 pm
I am iy"H planning a trip to Israel in late January. I will there for 10 days and don't really want to be bothered with cooking and food preparation. Can anyone give me some info on places to stay (I guess hotels) that have mehadrin food available. During the week I can get food outside, so my main concern is Shabbos. Are there any restaurants, catering halls, etc. that offer mehadrin meals for shabbos?

joy613

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 6:55 pm
You'll have to be more clear on what you mean by mehadrin, because everyone has a different idea of what that means.
(Rabbanut Mehadrin, only Badatz Eidah Chareidis, or somewhere in between ...)

But the Prima Palace hotel is considered pretty good for most people. I think the hechsher is Agudath yisroel.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 7:19 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
You'll have to be more clear on what you mean by mehadrin, because everyone has a different idea of what that means.
(Rabbanut Mehadrin, only Badatz Eidah Chareidis, or somewhere in between ...)

But the Prima Palace hotel is considered pretty good for most people. I think the hechsher is Agudath yisroel.
We stayed there. It was small and nice. We liked being in that neighborhood for Shabbos. The food though was outrageously expensive. And disgusting. Every meat product was full of chemicals (what they call rolade maybe) and every dish had MSG. The only think good was the plentiful undressed salad.

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 1:43 am
You can get take out if you don't want the hotel meals.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 1:54 am
My in laws stayed in a hotel for sukkos and ordered from http://www.shabboskodesh.com/
They said they were very satisfied.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions