Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Home needed for two adorable cats/kittens

dimyona

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:53 pm
My husband and I adopted them as newborns, and they're now just over six months old.

We're having a baby soon be"h, and since our apartment is really tiny, it seems that we have no choice but to find a new home for them. Please let me know if you would like to adopt them. We will supply the litter box and scooper, and whatever stock of litter and food that we currently have.

If you know of anyone that would be interested in having them, please let me know as well. We will be very grateful for any leads. Please pm me if you'd like pictures.

persephonefalls

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 2:19 am
Coming to this way late, but I hope you don't think you need to give up your cats just because you're having a baby.

I actually adopted my cat while I was pregnant with my first child--I know that's not the usual time when most people adopt cats, but it was a case of right cat, wrong time, so she came home with us!

I have never had an issue with my cat and my kids, ever. And I have many friends with cats who have had no trouble with their cats and babies either.

It's actually great to have a pet around small children--it reduces the chances of allergies, and teaches them compassion and gentleness, and reduces the chance that they'll be afraid of animals.

dimyona

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 4:17 pm
I know that its possible for babies and cats to get along. We're actually considering keeping just one cat for now. He's really docile and gentle, so I'm not afraid. His brother on the other hand is extremely mischievous and frisky, and I'd never trust him with a baby in the room even if I'm there.

To add to that, our apartment is tiny, and the cats have basically adopted an entire room for themselves. They roam around some of the day, but we do lock them into that room whenever we want some peace and quiet as well as overnight to prevent them from turning our place upside down. If we keep only the gentle cat, I wouldn't feel the need to lock them in there and would gain some living space.

If any of you know someone who would be willing to adopt an adorable ginger haired and playful kitty, please let me know right away. We have just a few weeks left, and I really want him to find a nice home.

imamom7

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 6:06 pm
Where are you located? I know someone in brooklyn who might be interested

dimyona

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 6:23 pm
I'm in Brooklyn. It would be wonderful if they could get in touch with me. You can pm me for my contact info. Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets