Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fix up old shaitel or buy a new one?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:19 pm
My shaitel is five and a half years old. It is oxidized and missing a lot of hair. It's a Shevy, originally around two thousand dollars. My shaitel macher said adding new hair and coloring would cost five hundred dollars. Is it worth putting money into it, or is it just time for a new one? At this point, what I got for two thousand five years ago would probably cost closer to three thousand, I imagine.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:25 pm
a sheitel, even a shevy that's five years old is on its last legs. I wouldn't spend that kind of money to fix it. If you don't want to spend the 3k, buy a lower end new wig like milano or irene for the 500 dollars.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:29 pm
Thanks. I wouldn't buy a cheap one, I would be buying a good quality one. I feel like the cheap ones are a waste of money because they don't last. If I buy, I will be investing in a good piece.

imeinu

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:36 pm
hi. I dyed my shaitel once and it was a pretty temporary solution. I don't know about adding hair but I'm just wondering why your shaitel is missing so much hair after 5 yrs? is it perhaps the way you are brushing it? that doesn't seem right to me, but then again, I live mostly in a snood so I don't really know.

imamom7

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 7:37 pm
What does your sheitl macher suggest? they usually have a good idea if its worth it to put more money in
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics