Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you sometimes think you KNOW the person who posted?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 2:19 pm
One of my friends once posted what she was thinking about for her babies name. I realized who it was during the bris. Oh and she posted under her screen name so now I know that. Awkward!!!

granolamom

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 2:24 pm
I only recognize when its someone I know irl who has already told me the story.
I'm terrible with faces and I guess I'm not good with recognizing writing styles either.

I'm easy to recognize because I rarely post as amother. Although a few times people PM'd me thinking they recognized me from an amother post but it wasnt me.

thePrimaIma

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 2:39 pm
I don't mind if people recognize my amother posts here on IMAMOTHER because I am certain that none of you know me IRL. That is because NO ONE knows me IRL LOL
.... oh, wait... Crying

amother

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 2:54 pm
Sometimes ..
One post was so obvious that it could not possibly be anyone else she gave out about 4 different identifying unique things about herself, plus her writing style and hashkafah was very much her. I got a bit uncomfortable . I wasn't trying to figure her out it just was obvious. And she was looking for privacy by going amother..

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 3:10 pm
you know amother wannabes copy other user's writing styles ... besides nobody really owns patented ~ ... zexy's or any other key ...

oh wait ... I do ~ gosharuni !!!

STOP STALKING ME

amother

Post Sat, Nov 02 2013, 10:27 pm
I just emailed someone I know and asked her if a specific amother post was hers, and she admitted it was. then I remembered reading a post a while back that I had also suspected was hers. B"H neither one was crazy private that she minded so much. but I told her that I am not one to sit around and try to figure out who posters are. BH my life is way too busy for that. but I have emailed back and forth with her on a number of occasions, she is very articulate, mindful of grammar etc. and I was able to guess that these 2 posts were hers.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 02 2013, 10:31 pm
sequoia wrote:
Both. I often know who amother is, because everyone has their own writing style: particular words, punctuation marks, phrases and expressions. Or I might recognize their stories or issues from other threads where they posted under their username.
And, conversely, when I posted as amother many people PMed me, and I'm sure many more recognized me and didn't PM me.

Mmm hmmm. And sometime in the next couple of weeks (so as not to give away an im,ediate response), if you could post an update, I've been thinking about you.

Anon because I didn't pm you directly because I thought it would be an invasion,and anyway, I wasn't 100% sure.

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Nov 02 2013, 11:09 pm
On the rare occasion that I've posted as amother I changed the way I wrote, so writing style is not necessarily a giveaway.

Giving too many identifying details is, though. I've had friends who posted things on Facebook and then posted the same thing here. You don't have to be a detective to figure that out... I've seen that with posters using their username, too.
If you want to be anonymous, make yourself unidentifiable.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 03 2013, 7:48 am
for those of you who try to guess who amother is, do you try to second-guess who's toivelling in the mikva by eavesdropping on brocho she says from ur prep room?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 03 2013, 7:52 am
maybe the amother doesn't care whether a few recognize her or not. Maybe, just maybe, she posts as amother because every shmaggegie doesn't have to know every detail of her life but if a few ppl realize it doesn't really bother her.

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 03 2013, 8:12 am
amother wrote:
for those of you who try to guess who amother is, do you try to second-guess who's toivelling in the mikva by eavesdropping on brocho she says from ur prep room?

OMG ~ tell me it ain't so ... who would do such a thing ?!?!?!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics