Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Single mom praised

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 11:55 am
http://shine.yahoo.com/ellen-g......html

Sometimes you find kindness in the most unexpected places - even a Pizza Hut!

A single mother from Raleigh, North Carolina wrote to ABC11 to share the incredible experience she had at the pizza chain while dining with her children.

Despite going through a difficult time - she's in the middle of a messy divorce and was forced to move several times - the woman always makes the effort to go out to dinner with her kids every Friday. She recently brought her kids straight from school and daycare to Pizza Hut, when her son's ADHD medication was wearing off.

The woman apologized in advance to a young man seated alone in a nearby booth, worried her children would begin to get rowdy and loud. He replied that he didn't mind, as he had three children of his own.

The woman and her children continued with their meal, with the mother trying the best she could to engage with her kids to keep them on their best behavior. Meanwhile, the young man finished his dinner and left.

At the end of their meal, instead of bringing over the check, the family's waitress came over and said the young man had already paid their bill. He also left them a Pizza Hut gift card and a three-page handwritten letter:

"I do not know your back story, but I have had the privilege of watching you parent your children for the past 30 minutes. I have to say thank you for parenting your children in such a loving manner."

"I have watched you teach your children about the importance of respect, education, proper manners, communication, self control, and kindness all while being very patient," he continued. "I will never cross your path again but am positive that you and your children have amazing futures."

He concludes, "Keep up the good work, and when it starts to get tough, do not forget that others may be watching and will need the encouragement of seeing a good family being raised. God bless! -Jake"

With all the hardship life can bring you, this story shows that good things can happen to you just as easily!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 11:59 am
That is beautiful!! How important to always be on your best behavior and this is a stranger, but g-d is always watching. Wink

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 12:21 pm
Thumbs Up

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 1:41 pm
The story brought tears to my eyes.

imamiri

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 3:02 pm
Random Acts of Kindness stories always make my eyes well up!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Nov 02 2013, 4:52 pm
Made me smile! Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics