Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Looking for inexpensive table center piece

amother

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:08 pm
I need ideas for table centerpiece for a dinner motzei shabbos. Flowers are too expensive and I need to prepare the hall before Shabbos so not good. The hall we're hiring has a restriction against candles (even when they're unlit), sparklers so they're out too. Any ideas, especially something that's not too complicated and look attractive would be good. I have about 12 round tables. preferably something classy and elegant, please?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 5:12 pm
How about fake flowers? A glass cylinder filled with water and one or two branches of fake orchids on each table or cylinders of varying heights looks very simple yet elegant. Some of these fake orchids look so real you would never know unless you touch them.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 5:48 pm
hmmm I dunno. Artificial flowers sound a bit cheap to me. It's a kind of things we have in the mikvah waiting room... Anyone else with other ideas?

Barbara

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:
hmmm I dunno. Artificial flowers sound a bit cheap to me. It's a kind of things we have in the mikvah waiting room... Anyone else with other ideas?

Use LED lights instead of candles. You could do a large silk bloom (sorry, I know you dont' like fake flowers) with a wine glass upside down on top to create a dome, and an LED light on top. Like this

But with LED candles http://www.flashingblinkylight......html

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 8:41 pm
I'm not a fan of fake flowers, either.
You can pick up cheap vases at the dollar store and a few bouquets of flowers (even from the supermarket) and make your own cheap flower centerpieces. Will the hall be locked over Shabbat? If yes, you can set up the flowers on Friday. Be sure to put the flower food in the water, and ask the person who works at the floral department for help in choosing fresh flowers and nice flower combinations.

iluvy

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 8:45 pm

Wrap pre-punched paper from Michael's around battery-powered candles: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/ledcandle.html

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 8:53 pm
cheap glass vases. fill with glass marbles, add some twigs sticking up out of the center. or:

floating led candles:
http://www.partycity.com/produ.....ct.do

place them inside a clear, textured bowl. something with a texture like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Couronne.....+bowl

have them float in the bowl filled halfway with water. add food coloring to the water to make it purple, green, or blue. hopefully, the led lights will cast a colored glow on the tablecloth.

imasinger

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 9:21 pm
For my wedding, we decorated baskets, filled them with fruit, had the guests partake, and donated the leftovers to a food pantry.

Kugglegirl

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 11:20 pm
Is it before Chanuka? Wrapped boxes with ribbons & blue & silver glitter tinsley stuff. Dreidles & chocolate gelt coins?

Walk through the dollar store for some ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics