Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Any ideas for fancy table setting or "centerpiece"

estherbFL

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 10:06 am
I'm having a women's rosh chodesh group event tomorrow night and I am suppose to show them cool ways to "jazz" up their yom tov table...I have a few ideas but I really want to show them as many as I can to keep them interested in coming back... any suggestions, typically ones that call for stuff you can find around your house, make yourself, or buy from a local store...?

Hannah!

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 12:25 am
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

batya_d

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:01 am
Hannah! wrote:
On another thread, someone suggested making "edible" centerpieces -- fancy displays of fruits and veggies with dips, crackers, cheeses, etc.

Ooh, ooh, great idea. I have seen "fruit bouquet" centerpieces with pieces of melon, strawberry, pineapple on wooden skewers arranged artfully.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:21 am
take flowers, cut the stems to about 2 or 3 inches, tape them to toothpicks and insert them into an apple until the apple is covered. this way, you have flowers ont he table, but people can still see and talk to one another across the table.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:01 am
I love these gold chargers under the dinner plates. They now sell the plastic versions for like $1 here locally! Also, my 2 year old looks adorable in the center of our shabbos table…

happyone

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:36 am
the crystal chargers are magnificent as well!

supermom

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 4:42 pm
What is crystal chargers?

iamawife

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 4:49 pm
my 2 year old looks adorable in the center of our shabbos table…

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:02 pm
withhumor, where can one get those chargers locally?

Hannah!

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:43 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 7:09 pm
Also Closeout COnnection / Odd Job

amother

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 1:37 pm
[quote="supermom"]What is crystal chargers?[/quote]

here's a link to those crystal chargers.
http://carltoncollectibles.com.....1232N

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 04 2007, 11:51 pm
Whoa! I paid 2.99 per charger at Closeout connection, 1.99 for the gold plastic ones at save right. $12.99 each is a lot.

Milk Munch

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 6:34 pm
I like this conversation so I will continue the thread...
Here are a few more ideas:
In a crystal/ glass bowl, float some tea candles (an odd number) and some flowers cut off just under the bloom (so they float, also an odd number).

On of my favorite pieces to use for a centerpiece is a cake stand. I usually put this on a buffet table, or "kiddush table". For Purim I arranged the "Purim Players" on it. You can just find different objects that pertain to the occasion and arrange them on there. You can drape it first with a cloth napkin to make it look fancier.

For sheva brachos, my sis in law and I bought a set of margarita glasses. She placed a taper down the center and used the flowers from the wedding all around the candle. It was soooo beautiful and creative. The set also came with a "grand margarita", she filled it with water and floated some flower shaped candles with a few pieces of greenery.

You can even just use the dessert itself as the centerpiece (if applicable). I love to put a bundt cake (on the cake stand) in the center, and place flowers and greenery all around it. You could also make the punch bowl the centerpiece. Float some citrus rind in it to make it pretty.

I have an aunt who is really creative, she taught me a lot. One of the things is to use color. For our shabbos/ yom tov table not everything HAS to be white! Just putting some color on will really jazz it up.....

I'd love to hear more ideas!!

slimnglam

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 12:13 pm
I bought a whole bunch of different size glass square vases from a.c. moore(local crafts store) and cut up different fruit into each vase . it looks stunning!!!
we once made a party and we had a make your own salad bar so I put each vegetable and dressings in a different vase and arranged it nicely (breadsticks in a vase lying flat on the table).
I'm always using these vases. it was well worth it!!! (the're not that much $$ to begin with)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics