Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What can I make a juvenille diabetic?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:32 am
I am having guests for Shabbos and one is a juvenille diabetic. Please help me make her a nice meal she could enjoy. Thanks.

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 6:07 am
Speak with her mother. Most kids with type 1 diabetes eat regular normal food, they just have to take insulin based on what they ate.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 6:08 am
Anything. A juvenile diabetic can basically eat anything she wants to. She just adjusts her insulin accordingly. Juvenile diabetes has nothing to do with the diabetes one can get laater in life. Those diabetics must watch their sugar intake etc. Of course most people eat healthier these days, but otherr than that, go ahead and prepare whatever you like.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:26 am
I agree with the other posters. My child has type one diabetes, and there are no food restrictions. Insulin is taken based on what they eat. Just let them know if there is extra sugar that is not obvious in the recipe so the insulin can be adjusted accordingly.

Also, most kids don't like to be called "a juvenile diabetic". They prefer "a person with type one diabetes". They don't want to be defined as the condition.

Happy18

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:34 am
What others have said. Talk to the mother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen