Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can someone please give me an idea for supper using...

iamamother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:05 pm
for a protein all I have right now is bite size pieces of raw chicken cutlets so im looking for a recipe to make with any of the following vegetables: butternut squash, eggplant, spaghetti squash, carrots and zucchini.
thanks!

Happy18

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:10 pm
No recipe, but I would stir fry it.

canadamom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:28 pm
I would make a soup with the butternut squash, zucchini and carrots
saute onions in oil, add cubes of butternut squash, zucchini and carrots, add salt, pepper garlic powder, cumin and water to cover, bring to a boil, turn down flame and let simmer for an hour, puree with an immersion blender.
Then I would marinate the chicken in soy sauce, honey and garlic. and serve over spaghetti squash
and voila!!

iamamother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:48 pm
thanks for the ideas. I happen to have cauliflower soup to serve so I dont need to make a soup and I actually do not like soy sauce recipes (I am so not picky- that is seriously the only kind of thing I dont like! lol)

I really would love to make like a stew kind of thing... any ideas?

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 4:54 pm
Rice in the rice cooker (brown is healthiest), red kidney beans from Goya can, the whole heated up with a jar of medium hot Salsa.

It's rice and beans. It's a complete protein, they say.

Olives can go in there, back or green, or both, and some guacamole can go on top if you have any, lurking in the underbrush at the back of the fridge, that isn't expired.

There. Done.

You can slice a hardboiled egg onto it if you feel like it, in the middle of the plate, dusted demurely with back pepper or paprika or something, for color. Or cumin.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 5:02 pm
I would chop up all of it besides the spaghetti squash and make some kind of roasted chicken and vegetable dish. Do you have onions and garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes? Add those too, but it will also be good without. You can do a Moroccan type of seasoning: toss all with olive oil, kosher salt, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and a dash of cinnamon.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 6:57 pm
sautee the chicken pieces in olive oil & spices of your liking some chopped onions, fresh crushed garlic - then add the veggie[s] of choice & now you have a dish

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 12:12 pm
Stir fry.
Chop into tiny pieces (or peel strips) into frying pan add chicken, salt, pepper, soy sauce (if you want) and olive oil and fry.
Serve over rice or pasta.

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 2:29 pm
Do you have to put in all three squashes in this dish? It might get kind of starchy. Why not make the butternut into a kugel for shabbos and freeze it, pour some marinara onto the spagetti, sautee the chicken with zuc, and put it together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen