Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Was this a weird thing to say
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 3:31 pm
It sounds like this man is just very understanding of women's issues. It was not weird or inappropriate - he perhaps could have simply said "if at any time you don't feel well.." (which would make clear that he is covering period pain), but maybe he is just sensitive to the fact that he is teaching an all girls class, he is open, or as someone said, maybe he grew up with many sisters, daughters etc.
I don't think it is an issue at all, since other teachers say this as well as demonstrated here with PE lessons etc. At any time where movement exercises are involved it could be a potential issue so he just raised it briefly to let them know it's not at all a problem with him.

Seriously, at my school many of the teachers said very inappropriate things and were just outright unprofessional! Could tell you so many shocking stories. Drama teachers in my experience were not like this but many can be a little eccentric.

It was fine what he said , they are just a giggly bunch.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children