Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What would you put in your dream kitchen?
1  2  Next

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 7:30 pm
I'd love a deli slicer or two, funny shaped waffle iron, three huge ovens with three racks each, a six burner stove, an island, really good knives....

(this is just for fun, btw. I am NOT getting a new kitchen.)

amother

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 7:37 pm
Appliance "garages" on the counters so it's not a big deal to shlep out the KitchenAid (which I don't own), the food processor (ditto), and the hot air popper (that I have Smile)

A child-safe drawer for the knives, a walk-in pantry, a milchig kitchen on a different floor (so I don't have to worry about mixups), a full size fridge and freezer…

AND A LOCK SO I CAN KEEP THE KIDS OUT!!! Very Happy

red sea

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 7:43 pm
Sunlight

Huge pantry

More space for small appliances

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 7:55 pm
I would have two wall ovens, a pass through window, windows that push out instead of up and down, three sinks (third sink on an island) built in child locks on all my cabinets and drawers, and a walk in pantry (my kitchen was designed, but we didnt end up building the house, so we are still living in the same rinky dink place we have been for 4.5 years) and the cabinets under the island would be storage for my appliances, and all the sinks would be filtered so I wouldnt need filters.

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:16 pm
Double sink, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster etc. Enough cabinet space to keep pesach in the kitchen all year round. 6 burner stove full fridge, full freezer, walk in pantry.

Ok the list goes on and on I'll stop now.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:33 pm
A built in adjustable spice rack that is INSIDE a cabinet and not in full view.

A POT FILLER faucet.

A gilr can always dream....

<insert>

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:36 pm
ValleyMom wrote:

A POT FILLER faucet.

<insert>

Funny how you dream of a pot filler. I specifically don't want one. Everyone I know who has one has had issues with it leaking. That's only a few people and maybe they have improved them.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:38 pm
Happy18 wrote:
ValleyMom wrote:

A POT FILLER faucet.

<insert>

Funny how you dream of a pot filler. I specifically don't want one. Everyone I know who has one has had issues with it leaking. That's only a few people and maybe they have improved them.

by pot filler, do you mean a faucet with an extendable hose? I have one, it replaced a different model which was actually really good. I miss the old one, the hose was longer. totally useful and highly recommended.

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:42 pm
Nope a pot filler is a tap over the stove on an extendable arm so you dont have to shlep pots across the kitchen full of water.

Chocomama

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:42 pm
a chef Smile

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:43 pm
Happy18 wrote:
Nope a pot filler is a tap over the stove on an extendable arm so you dont have to shlep pots across the kitchen full of water.

sounds weird. I'll stick to my hose faucet Smile

bubbebia

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 8:48 pm
What I would want in a new kitchen? A second, or even a third kitchen. Milchigs, fleishigs and Pesach. Completely separate from each other with separate stoves/ovens, including a convection oven for my baking. Each should have a sink, but I'd be happy with a frig/freezer wall and large pantry bringing the 2 together. The Pesach kitchen goes in the basement! And lots and lots of counter space!

BabsB

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 10:45 pm
We are going to be redoing our kitchen soon and I am ABSOLUTELY adding a pot filler!!!!
So stoked about it, if you can't tell, hehe.

But our kitchen is small. I haven't dreamed much of a bigger kitchen because it's so far away but one thing I know I want for sure is a lowered counter area made of MARBLE so I can actually knead my challah without standing on my dang tiptoes.

BabsB

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 10:48 pm
Also, since our kitchen is so small, we are building this:

http://www.lowes.com/creative-.....oject

It's my substitute until I get a kitchen with a real pantry.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 10:53 pm
An instant-hot-water faucet (hot enough to make tea).

Microwave only at chest height, not high up. You can spill stuff on yourself if it's high up.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 11:06 pm
Lots and lots and lots of space. It would be so nice not to shove the garbage can out of the way every time I had to open a cabinet or the oven door. Also to open the fridge without the door bumping into any unlucky person who happens to be in the kitchen at the time.

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 11:18 pm
I have the built in spice rack. the 'garage' for the large appliances sounds now. I left space in the cabinet right above the counter for mine and made sure there was enough space between the counter and shelve to use the machine properly

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 12:16 am
You can have appliances on a shelf with hinges so you can pull out the shelf with the appliance on it to counter height use and push back in

louise

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 8:59 am
a personal chef! LOL

sweetjudy999

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 9:03 am
as many dish washers that will fit!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen