Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bosch in israel?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:52 pm
We are about to make aliyah and I just bought a USA Bosch during black Friday...was that a mistake? Is there any way to use it in IL with a converter that won't blow it?
does anyone have experience with this?

hila

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 12:21 am
What Bosch- I have a Bosh oven, and Bosch make all sorts of electric stuff too.
Bosch is marketed here, but 220v.

Maybe yours is dual voltage ? Or you can have one shipped that is dual voltage ? Ask the supplier.

In general, the higher the electricity usage the more difficult to run on 220v.

chaiz

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 3:46 am
You can totally get Bosch here in Israel. You can also get a transformer, but they can be expensive. Depending on your machine, the transformer can cost more than the actual appliance. It might not be with the bosch, but you should check it out. Also, it might be cheaper to get one in the States from Amazon versus buying it here.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 5:09 am
Bosch is widely available in Israel.

southernima

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 5:16 am
what kind of a machine is it?

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 5:22 am
shes probably referring to a bread mixer.

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 5:23 am
in general it is a pain to use machines with a converter. see if you can get one with the correct voltage for israel.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 6:43 am
Yes, I am talking about the bread mixer.
so it is a pain to use a converter? I found pretty inexpensive ones for 20$ on amazon...definitely.worth it if I searched the right thing.
my worry is that I get the wrong converter.and blows my very $$$ machine to bits.
so.yay or nay? Keep this deal.on my mixer or. it. It was half off, steal of a.deal!

p.s. I read somewhere it pays to bring all your kitchen appliances and use converters since they are so expensive to buy in EY..do u think this is generally true?

thanks everyone!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 6:43 am
Yes, I am talking about the bread mixer.
so it is a pain to use a converter? I found pretty inexpensive ones for 20$ on amazon...definitely.worth it if I searched the right thing.
my worry is that I get the wrong converter.and blows my very $$$ machine to bits.
so.yay or nay? Keep this deal.on my mixer or. it. It was half off, steal of a.deal!

p.s. I read somewhere it pays to bring all your kitchen appliances and use converters since they are so expensive to buy in EY..do u think this is generally true?

thanks everyone!

Liba

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 7:33 am
Get a good transformer (not just a converter), not a $20 thing, if you want the machine to last.

I brought my Kitchenaid from the US and use it on a transformer. B"H it works just fine. I have been told that it will shorten the lifespan of the machine, but bringing the machine I had was cheaper than buying new.

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 7:53 am
I bought a bread mixer in the usa since it is so much cheaper there then in europe but I bought it with european voltage. so I don't need a transformer. If your machine is new and you can return it it may be worth trying to exchange for a 220v one.

Liba, aren't good transformers really bulky?

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 9:15 am
Go to an electronics store and ask them for the correct transformer. If you use a cheap, dinky transformer for a strong electrical appliance, you will end up killing the appliance.

Love2bme

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
We are about to make aliyah and I just bought a USA Bosch during black Friday...was that a mistake? Is there any way to use it in IL with a converter that won't blow it?
does anyone have experience with this?

Heyyy I just bought a Bosch here in Israel and were relocating to NY so I'm thinking we could make a switch if your interested?

You can pm me

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 10:40 am
Op here thanks for all the responses.
it seems complicated to get a transformer, I can try to find an electronic store (though I don't even know where to look!)
but I'm thinking I shouldn't return it,since I got such a great deal ..I think the consensus from here is to keep it.
thanks guys!

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 10:42 am
Someone gave my DD in Israel a Bosch with US voltage. We got her a converter for it -- it was very large and very heavy (over 20 lb.). Since the converter is large and heavy, it isn't something she uses too often. She'll take it out a few times a year like before yom tov to make a few batches of challahs and ice cream, etc., but she finds it inconvenient to use on a regular basis.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 11:02 am
Op here...if I buy a transformer can I use all my American appliances? Like my food processors blenders etc?
thanks!!

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 12:08 pm
amother wrote:
Op here...if I buy a transformer can I use all my American appliances? Like my food processors blenders etc?
thanks!!

Each appliance may need its own, or you may be able to use the same one. It depends on the wattage of each appliance.

bigeyes

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 12:51 pm
OP, I have a transformer for my Bosch that I'm willing to sell since we're moving back. It is heavy, but not that big. I keep it on my counter and use it for my american appliances w/o a problem. You can PM me.

smss

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 1:42 pm
my bosch with the metal bowl cost 1000nis here. in the US the same thing costs $500!! I was so surprised when I saw that price b/c many other appliances are much cheaper there. anyone know why bosch is so cheap here?!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 5:46 pm
Where's the best place to buy a Bosch in Israel?

What is the usual price for one (in Israel)?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions