Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminaries - Baer Miriam? Machon Maayan?

morahaviva

Post Sun, Dec 15 2013, 1:06 am
My daughter is interested in these seminaries, but dont know too much about them. Anyone have info that is current - such as what type of girls, from which high schools, etc.? that is within the last year or so? TIA!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 15 2013, 10:06 pm
None of the intellectual bright girls go there from our MO school that want a year of serious study. The girls that I've seen go there want a year in Israel and the academics are secondary. That is not a negative. B"H there is a seminary for everyone. They both accept BT girls. I don't know the dress code, but girls definitely are wearing sleeves above the elbows and low scoop neck shirts. I would doubt any seminary encourages girls to go to Ben Yehuda but I do not know if it is off limits. It is part of MASA and strongly Zionist. The girls I know that went there were happy. I do not know specifics for each seminary, just about the girl that I know that went there and what parents at our MO school are saying.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics