Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So how much did you spend so far…
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:27 pm
yeah - bring the masks ... I'll bring the bags...

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:30 pm
lets see

$100 on a juicer
$60 on lineolium
$200- non food items
$75- food items- grapejuice, a.j, nut packages, oil- walnut , olive, mayo...
$30-new blender

probably around 400 on all meat and chicken, plus yogurt, maybe less, not sure how much it will all be, forusre not more thenthat

$105- carpet cleaning today

probably around 200 or so for produce
still need to get a fish pot

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:16 pm
$100 on wine & hand matzah

$100 on meat

$200 on foods + assorted grocery

Still need chicken and fruits and veg to buy.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:27 pm
This is the first pesach I'll be home, so I had to purchase basic cookware in addition to food.

I bought:
set of pots and pans - $50
Misc kitchen stuff and cleaning supplies - $100
matzah, spices, veggies, cream cheese, cottage cheese and other food - around $150

We always purchase cheese and chicken by the case, and I still have a lot leftover, so I don't need to buy anymore specifically for Pesach.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:47 pm
my work, as a pesach bonus gave us a complete set of silverware that we are going to use for basari and they are actually very nice and its funny because we had only bought one set of silverware. now BH we dont have to spend money on a second set.

Chani

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:28 pm
I don't really expect it to be too bad for us...

Since we have NO frum family, we've always made ourselves, so we have all of the housewares - really it's just food.

I used to spend way too much on food that we would then never use. A couple of years ago I decided that it was crazy and I would simplify and really rely a lot on fruit and veggies and cheese. Pesach became much less expensive as a result of not buying all the (extremely unhealthy) nosh, condiments, spices, etc...

That being said, I do need to buy a new outfit for yom tov. Thankfully, my mother sent each of the boys cute shabbos outfits, so they're all set. I would push my husband to go get a new suit, but he hates shopping so much that it is like torture to him.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:56 pm
So far, just $100 for the cleaning lady.
My baby was hospitalized for a week. Alhough we have been home for 1 week, I've been so busy with her recovery, drs appts, and trying to pick up the pieces of life that got completely scrambled while I was away from home for a week. IY"H, everything will get done. somehow, but I'm not quite sure at the moment how! (Someone just invited us for a meal, so I feel real good about that!)

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:01 pm
...... sitting at the table seder night... PRICELESS

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:23 pm
I had a cleaning lady twice. Last week she did 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Today, the dining room, and some kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow iy”h laundry, and finishing kitchen and hall closet, and then it’s chag sameach,. If you don’t make an issue out of it, it’s actually quite simple.

Squash

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:37 pm
Really the best spent money is what you spend on a cleaning lady. B"H for mine.

I'm also so happy to see all these crazy amounts that everyone is spending cuz somehow I felt like I'm the only one for whom the money just evaporates - and I don't consider myself a "spender" - it's just necessities.

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 7:55 am
So far I have spent

75 bucks for Shmurah (ordered from Chabad)

200 for meat

200 for wine, grape juice, and pesach groceries like cream cheese, cake mixes, jam etc.

I still need to go to Sam's club to buy nice plastic plates of many sizes and foil pans.
Last year I ordered all these fancy cakes from Brooklyn to be shipped out to me in the sticks. This year I am taking it a little easier.

That is not to mention what I need to pay the babysitter while I am doing all this shopping!!!!!!

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 11:20 am
$2380, and I'm running out now for the other half.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 4:46 pm
I'm afraid to total up my receipts . . .

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:00 pm
do it, it's terrifying

amother

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:13 pm
I spent $250 on dishes and pots and pans.

Non-perishables came free from a family member.

In-laws got a package from Tomche Shabbos and since they are staying by us the whole 8 days, gave me the meat so I can feed everyone.

They also gave us 8lbs of matzah.

We just need to buy a blech, fish, dairy, perhaps a bit more meat, and produce. I guess another $250.

So that's a $500 total without having to buy almost everything.

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
I spent $250 on dishes and pots and pans.

Non-perishables came free from a family member.

In-laws got a package from Tomche Shabbos and since they are staying by us the whole 8 days, gave me the meat so I can feed everyone.

They also gave us 8lbs of matzah.

We just need to buy a blech, fish, dairy, perhaps a bit more meat, and produce. I guess another $250.

So that's a $500 total without having to buy almost everything.

amother-I don't know how to say that,but if you want -I would love to UPS to you a wonderful new gift for YOU for Pesach-something you will really enjoy!
If you can pm please!

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:03 pm
so what are you getting me ten ... Wink... I'm jealous

amother

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:30 pm
Is 450$ too much for groceries for a family of four? I felt so bad....especially if my dad gave it to us... then there's clothing... I got exactly one suit for ds cuz it's also his upsherin.. that's it. The other stuff like hot plate, food processor, urn, crock pot, blech...Hashem yaazor.. as of now I dont see it but Hashem will definately send..
withumor, pesach is simple with cleaning help...not everyone can yknow...but I do feel very happy for each one of you who can afford that, it is the best gift ever...Hashem should help that none of us should ever be in a situation of needing someone else's money. Even family's.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
Hashem should help that none of us should ever be in a situation of needing someone else's money. Even family's.

at least you have the family which some of us do not

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:49 pm
TENELEVEN I'm like a 1x - 2x, thanks. is it a bikini in a matza print ?

Last edited by withhumor on Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics