Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
At home all the day with sick baby

Beyla

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 10:21 am
My baby has been sick for some days and I just feel so bad to be at home dealing only with this.

We have a little apartment and I just turn around into it, waiting impatiently for my DH to come home.

Usually I go out with my son every day, I'm so not the type to stay home the all day.

Baby is either sleeping on me, either crying or vomiting and I can't manage anything.

I just need to take a breath of air or to do anything else for an hour.

Happy to have Imamother to get connected to and to be able to vent.

sara123456

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 12:59 pm
It's tough. My baby has the flu. Crying

It's hard, trust me I know. Tell DH that while babe is sick you ain't cooking. Assure him that it's only temporary. It's ok to slack sometimes. I'm sure you feel sick too from so much holding, and cconstant crying! I feel that way!

Taking care of baby is your priority. Give him pedialite to replenish lost fluid from vomiting and motrin as needed. Nap when baby naps, even when he's sleeping on u. Take care of YOURSELF too.

Rafuah Shleima!

hop613

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 2:15 pm
I am also dealing with sick baby and chasing after my toddler. These are the days where we earn our mommy stripes! It is hard, I just keep telling myself it will pass - and also counting down till DH comes home!

But if you need a break, it is ok to let the baby cry for 5 minutes while you take a mental break. I never let my kids cry, but there is a certain point where a sick kid is crying no matter what you do, so taking 5 minutes to keep yourself from going insane is better for everyone.

Beyla

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 4:25 pm
Thanks for the support! And refua shleima to your babies!
I did take a tiny break of like 3 minutes to jump in the shower, I needed to feel clean! Baby kvetched but nothing happened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics