Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If you wear your sheitel everyday how long should it last?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:01 pm
I wear my sheitel everyday. It's a custom Shevy and I love it. Does anyone know how long they are meant to last for? I mean realistically? Could I get 2 to three years out of it. I MEAN I WEAR IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT!!

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:06 pm
1 - 2 weeks, depends on the weather.

Chani

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:17 pm
I wear my sheitel everyday - also a custom Shevy and they've always lasted about 2-3 years. In the middle though, I always end up giving it to a sheitel macher to get the color right again and have the split ends trimmed off of it.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:22 pm
Oops, I thoguht until it needs to be washed...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 6:25 pm
I have a custom Caire that is 7years old I wear it to death and it still looks amazing. I just felt like it needs more hair so I gave it in to add some hair

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
I have a custom Caire that is 7years old I wear it to death and it still looks amazing. I just felt like it needs more hair so I gave it in to add some hair

That seems very unusual if you wear it day in and day out.

Is it better to have one new sheitel and wear it 2-3 or two sheitels and alternate?

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:51 pm
I really feel it is essential to have more than one---I have a "bad weather" sheitel that costs a little more than $100. Its also my sheitel for running my son to the bus. It looks okay, and helps my more expensive one last longer.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:52 pm
Are you careful when you brush it to brush it from tip to top and not from top to tip. How often do you get it set?
Do you notice a lot of split ends?
If the shaitel is long to begin with and you get it trimmed a little every 1-2 years to get rid of split ends, and you take care when brushing it not to break the hair, it will last you a lot longer.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:04 pm
You CAN wear these sheitals 10 years, but they aren't no-care. You'll be adding hair, etc. . . .

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:

I have a Freeda that's still going I don't know how strong but it can last a couple of years more (it's almost 6 years old) but I'm told that I've been lucky with my sheitels and nowadays there's no guarantee even if you spend the big bucks (which I don't!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels