Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Need to leave my baby overnight
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:33 am
bnm wrote:
there is a Mrs. Kornitzer, lives in the high 50's and 13ish, I'm sure you can find her in the phone book. I always bump into her on the street with whoever she is babysitting at the moment, she takes overnight/long term.
What's her age range? I know a mrs kornitzer and if she's the one who babysits I may possibly use her.

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
bnm wrote:
there is a Mrs. Kornitzer, lives in the high 50's and 13ish, I'm sure you can find her in the phone book. I always bump into her on the street with whoever she is babysitting at the moment, she takes overnight/long term.
What's her age range? I know a mrs kornitzer and if she's the one who babysits I may possibly use her.

I don't know. ask her. the kids who I know of who have gone to her where about 18 months at that time.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:39 am
bnm wrote:
amother wrote:
bnm wrote:

I don't know. ask her. the kids who I know of who have gone to her where about 18 months at that time.
Lol, I meant her age. I know a kornitzer in her mid 30s. Is that who you're referring to?

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:40 am
probably. I never asked her when she was born.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:57 am
amother wrote:
Someone mentioned Mrs Neiman. I used her for 1 night and had a horrible horrible experience. When I came to pick up my 6 month old baby he was STARVED (she handed me his bottle and apologized for not having time to feed him). He was wearing the same thing I had dropped him off 16 hours earlier with (pj's not used). There were several screaming babies I was able to hear through the door (she did not let me inside). I'm sorry Mrs. Neiman I am exposing this but I feel I have the right to tell my experience so others can protect their children.
OP- there are plenty of warm loving babysitters which do nights, keep asking. (There's a Mrs Hoffman I used a while back for day time, I think she did nights too, 45th bet 14&13) There are also money starved people that take in more that they can handle. Which was probably the case here.

I used mrs Newman many times. Sometimes I was happy, sometimes not so.

However, what you said about clothing is Motzei Shem Rav and I want to clear it up. She uses her own clothes.
She specifically tells mothers NOT to send along anything and she uses her own pjs,pants, etc. she the. Dresses your baby back into the outfit he came with.

Anyway, she's a special woman, I love her, and think the world of her, but OP, I don't recommend you to leave your baby there for a week.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:10 am
I don't understand, how could you leave your baby with someone you sometimes weren't happy with??

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:14 am
at this point I already want to take your kid for a week.
I live in BP.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:19 am
If you look in the phone book there are some babysitters that specialize in babys, small babys that wake up inmiddle the night. Look into that.

Hatzlucha!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:21 am
amother wrote:
I don't understand, how could you leave your baby with someone you sometimes weren't happy with??

She was great at first. As the years went by and I left my other babies by her, I found her patience dwindling... Then I left her.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 2:00 am
is kornitzer the one who had twins and then triplets and called in to Mayor Giuliani? Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 7:52 am
Sometimes, one doesn't have siblings or (able bodied) parents.

But starved? this is not possible.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 9:32 am
Op I'm sorry u are going through whatever u are going through. I hope it all gets better fast. So u can take care of your baby like I'm sure you want. I did have a friend who wanted to go to Hawaii for a week with her hubby. She had a baby nurse every night and a regular babysitter during the day. Good luck

Sherri

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 10:02 am
OP, if you need a name and reference you can pm me.

Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 11:36 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Someone mentioned Mrs Neiman. I used her for 1 night and had a horrible horrible experience. When I came to pick up my 6 month old baby he was STARVED (she handed me his bottle and apologized for not having time to feed him). He was wearing the same thing I had dropped him off 16 hours earlier with (pj's not used). There were several screaming babies I was able to hear through the door (she did not let me inside). I'm sorry Mrs. Neiman I am exposing this but I feel I have the right to tell my experience so others can protect their children.
OP- there are plenty of warm loving babysitters which do nights, keep asking. (There's a Mrs Hoffman I used a while back for day time, I think she did nights too, 45th bet 14&13) There are also money starved people that take in more that they can handle. Which was probably the case here.

However, what you said about clothing is Motzei Shem Rav and I want to clear it up. She uses her own clothes.
She specifically tells mothers NOT to send along anything and she uses her own pjs,pants, etc. she the. Dresses your baby back into the outfit he came with.

Anyway, she's a special woman, I love her, and think the world of her, but OP, I don't recommend you to leave your baby there for a week.

That is so strange. So strange, that maybe even not true - ie, this is what she tells you, but she doesn't really change the clothing, perhaps? I always hate when babysitters don't let me come in, or keep me at the door for 5+ minutes - a red flag right there.

OP - I'm going to second the call of other posters who urge you to try to be creative with this and think of a way to take your baby along, ie, hire someone to go with you. Obviously we don't know your situation, but could be there's a creative solution you just haven't thought of yet. Much hatzlacha.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 11:37 am
OP, hugs and hatzlacha. I'm going to confess that I skipped p. 2 but I have to wonder - and feel free not to answer! - if there is some medical or personal situation going on, are you getting IRL support, and would these people have any suggestions?

chevi1

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:38 pm
Orchid wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

That is so strange. So strange, that maybe even not true - ie, this is what she tells you, but she doesn't really change the clothing, perhaps? I always hate when babysitters don't let me come in, or keep me at the door for 5+ minutes - a red flag right there.

OP - I'm going to second the call of other posters who urge you to try to be creative with this and think of a way to take your baby along, ie, hire someone to go with you. Obviously we don't know your situation, but could be there's a creative solution you just haven't thought of yet. Much hatzlacha.

Why is this so strange?? I straightaway thought it makes sense- she'd rather the kid dirty her own clothes that she can wash without worrying about ruining and be able to bring the kid back to the parent in nice clean clothes which the kid had been sent in......

MommyZ

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:43 pm
bnm wrote:
I live in BP.

I would trust you with my kids.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:45 pm
MommyZ wrote:
bnm wrote:
I live in BP.

me too! LOL

I know bnm and she takes great care of her kids Smile

Let's vote for bnm!!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 1:48 pm
Fabulous wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
bnm wrote:
I live in BP.

me too! LOL

I know bnm and she takes great care of her kids Smile

Let's vote for bnm!!
As would I Tongue Out

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 2:18 pm
chevi1 wrote:
Orchid wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Why is this so strange?? I straightaway thought it makes sense- she'd rather the kid dirty her own clothes that she can wash without worrying about ruining and be able to bring the kid back to the parent in nice clean clothes which the kid had been sent in......

Exactly.
Plus, she doesn't have to remember which clothing belongs to which child after the wash.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics