Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Powerful stuff! A must read!

zissy2004

Post Thu, Jan 02 2014, 5:01 am
This struck a chord Sad can you relate?

http://www.handsfreemama.com/2.....hood/

smss

Post Thu, Jan 02 2014, 5:11 am
Sad

my mother told me she read an article that said rates of childhood injuries have gone UP in the past few years, and they blamed it on smartphones - parents aren't paying attention enough...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 02 2014, 6:09 am
This is SO true. When DD goes to visit her dad, I always ask her what they did during that time. She tells me that she watched movies on Netflix, while exDH texts on his phone. Sad

DD LIVES for those Sunday visits, and they don't connect at all. I always make a big fuss over her when she comes back, so she won't mistakenly think I was relaxing and "enjoying" having her gone.

She even does this thing where she copies him, pretending to "text" in a mocking way. The last time we went out together to buy her new school shoes, she was so excited by all the choices, and wanted to model them for us so we could help her decide. exDH couldn't tear himself away from the phone long enough to even look up, and just grunted.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 02 2014, 7:07 am
This is why I refuse to get internet on my phone. It's bad enough to have the Yetzer Hara when it's trapped in one corner of my house, I don't need to free it so it can come everywhere with me.

I was just told that now all cell phone plans come with internet. Is that true? What can I do about that when I need to change plans?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics