Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for R' Orlofsky - Dovid Tzvi Hirsh ben Sarah Mira
Previous  1  2

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 3:58 am
I just got the phone call. Rabbi Dovid Orlofsky just went into surgery. Dovid Tzvi Hirsch ben Sorah Mira needs our tefilos he is having open heart surgery *right now*.

SJcookie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 3:59 am
It's almost 11 am in Israel. Praying that Rav Orlofsky's surgery goes well & that he has a refua shelemah!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:43 am
Thanks for posting. Rabbi Orlofsky is special to many people. May Hashem grant him a speedy refuah!!!

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:54 am
He is still in surgery.

Keep davening please.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:36 am
B"H Rabbi Orlafsky is out of surgery. Things were a bit complicated but B"H he is doing okay! He will likely be spending the night in the ICU and a week in Shaarei Tzedek. He can still use tefilos, but B"H things are looking good!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:49 am
Thanks for sharing!

Happy18

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:51 am
Thank you for the update!

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:14 am
In proper Rabbi Orlofsky fashion, per his surgeon, he woke up in the middle of the surgery, while his heart was out of his body. If he remembers this we are in for a lot of interesting shiurim this year. Wink

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:16 am
May Hashem grant him a complete and speedy refuah so that we will be zocheh to lots of his warmth, spirituality and humor ad 120!!!!!

bubbebia

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 1:21 pm
Liba, thank you for the update. You're right, we should be in for some very interesting shiurim when all of this is said and done. B"H the surgery was successful. He is in my tefillos and those of the rest of my family!

sped

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 2:22 pm
Thank you so much for updating. I was wondering what happened.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 3:35 pm
Latest update from his daughter:

Quote:
Your tefillos are doing amazing stuff! Just got back from ICU. My father woke up and "talked". They knocked him out for the night. Keep the tefillos going and he may be in a regular unit by the afternoon.
I can't begin to tell you how much all this means to us!

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 4:53 pm
Please don't tell me that they take out the heart to do surgery on it. Do they really?
DH is skeptical about this story.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:21 pm
Very Happy if your filter lets you can look on youtube for triple bypass surgery. I really don't know. I never had one and don't like watching or thinking about these things. I am sure the surgeon was holding his heart, where it was exactly situated, well that may have gotten lost in the story, I don't know.

lk1234

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:33 pm
thank you for the update. I have him in my thoughts. I love Rabbi Orlofsky and just hope he gets back to himself asap.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:44 pm
He is making a chassuna BE"H in 13 days. Davening he is there, even if he isn't dancing yet!

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:10 pm
refuah shelaima !!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 2:33 pm
Liba, how is the Rav doing? Did he get to attend the chasuna??

Liba

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 3:34 am
B"H he was there and at the sheva brochos. He is still post-op, not on a speaking tour yet, but B"H certainly recovering.

AlwaysThinking

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 6:20 am
Great news! Thanks for the update!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed