Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Charoset

dr pepper

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 10:53 am
I never made this before. anyone have a good recipe? and how long will it keep in the fridge?

ny21

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:38 pm
I dont have a recipe , but I went to a Mock Seder and they served

the charoset that was made very chunkey (the apples )

I did not care for it.

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:53 pm
I don't have recipe either ... but we grind apple put in some ground nuts ... a little cinnamon and some wine or mixture of wines you like or grapejuice... taste it I guess for flavor ... but ours always comes out delish!!!

ny21

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:56 pm
YES - that is how I would make charoset
I would "wing it. (the recipe)

Marion

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 7:55 am
I use raisins, apples, grape juice, cinnamon, sometimes coconut (depends on if DH will be eating it), dried figs.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:24 am
Marion wrote:
I use raisins, apples, grape juice, cinnamon, sometimes coconut (depends on if DH will be eating it), dried figs.

interesting I bet my mother would like it cause she loves coconut ...

brooklyn

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 11:03 am
This year I bought the Pereg brand charoses, I love there spices so I decided to buy their ready made charoses rather than make my own.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 11:18 am
apples, dried dates 7apricots, a couple of good shakes of cinnamon a little bit less of ginger, a dash of pepper (really just a tiny bit, but adds a bit of a kick), red wine. Dice the fruits or grind them together... I don't have anything but a knife, but it works well, add the spices and wine, stir well.

My kids love it.

My family isn't big on coconut, but it sounds great. My dh would probably love the figs, but I'm not a fig person...wish we had some though and I'd add a bit for him. I think it is just the feel of the fig against my teeth that bothers me. Maybe he could pick some up tomorrow and I'd add it for him.

tamid

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 2:28 am
how far in advance do you make charoset? is it better when it's had the chance to sit for a while and get more mushy?

Marion

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 2:32 am
I make the morning of, after biur chametz. Mine doesn't get mushy...the more solid the better! (Because it gets rolled in coconut or cinnamon.)

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 2:30 pm
Ours is cooked haroseth with different fruits, ginger, cinnamon, sweet wine and nuts. You can make well in advance as it freezes nicely or keep in the fridge for 1 week easily. It really looks like mortar.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....09495
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics