Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leah Trenk or Shaynla Greenwald in Lakewood

amother

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 11:57 am
I was recommended Leah Trenk or Shaynla Greenwald for parenting counseling in Lakewood.

Does anyone know of them and would you recommend them, I was not given telephone numbers.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 2:48 pm
Leah Trenk is amazing!!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
Leah Trenk is amazing!!

Thank you, do you have her number or is she the only Leah Trenk in the phone book.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:34 am
Bump

Does anyone have her number, I looked up in the phone book and there is only a home number. I called and the message doesn't tell me anything.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:38 am
They are both very special people. I know them both personally.

Leah Trenk lives on Valley and Central. Leave a message, she will call you back. She is AMAZING at behavioral issues with kids. She helped stop my DD from biting in 2 year old playgroup just by instructing the Morah....in a matter of days. I consider her to be one of my parenting mentors.

Shainla Greenwald is R' Forcheimer's daughter. Besides kids, she has extensive experience with teens (she's a high school mechaneches.) She's great at getting to the right help, where needed, for a variety of situations with kids and teens.

Hatzlacha with getting to the right person. You are on the right track, they are both amazing.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 12:23 pm
I am looking for help in dealing with teens and young adult children, shiduchim issues also. Would they be good for that.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 12:28 pm
I think both Leah Trenk and Shainla Greenwald work for Reach Parenting. Reach parenting has a mentoring program where someone works one on one with a family. You can call them and see who they think would be the best fit.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
I think both Leah Trenk and Shainla Greenwald work for Reach Parenting. Reach parenting has a mentoring program where someone works one on one with a family. You can call them and see who they think would be the best fit.

not op - what is reach parenting. Also, what age bracket is shainla greenwald? I know leah trenk - she is good and advises well. The only problem I had was that she did not want to meet with my child. She said we describe her well enough and she wanted to work with us. Does shainla greenwald meet with the children or is she dealing with parenting?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 1:10 pm
I don't think so but I can't say for sure. I think she works with parents not with the child.

Reach Parenting is a parenting org.
It has parenting classes (3 levels), mentoring program, library, newletters etc.

I found the classes to be very practical, the class sizes are small and parents are grouped by their children's ages. There is a lot of interaction and give and take. I took with shainla greenwald.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 1:22 pm
They are both dealing with parenting.

They can refer you for help (therapists) if needed. But can advise you and that may be enough.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 2:06 am
does leah trenk deal with marriages too? from reading her book, I so really was thinking of reaching out to her to help me be a better wife....does anyone have any info?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics