Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Movng to cedarhurst!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 8:56 am
posting amother because I haven't really told people in real life yet.
we are iyH moving to a coop in cedarhurst in the next few months, assuming we are approved by the coop board and the mortgage goes through smoothly.
we are kinda moving blindly, in the sense that although we know 2 families there, we really don't have friends or family in the community. we have relatives in far rockaway, queens, eastern LI and brooklyn though, so cedarhurst was a great location in relation to our friends and family, and are jobs. after looking into it and finding this great place, it was kindof a no brainer! normally I wouldn't 'move blindly' but I do feel like it's a big enough community that if we are outgoing enough, we will meet people.

we are so excited. would love to hear from imamothers where they send for preschool, where they go to shul, some info about women's programs, and the best way for me to make friends (other than randomly introducing myself to strangers). I'm coming from a neighborhood WITHOUT an eruv, so im really looking forward to having the opportunity to really socialize on shabbos and make new friends.

anyone with any info or ideas or suggestions, please post here!!

thinking of sending to the JCC preschool since gan chamesh is already filled, but if there are other options I don't know about, please let me know! thanks

also, is there daycare somewhere in the area? what is the cost? thinking ahead a little bit
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating