Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Did I do the right thing?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 12:08 pm
I had a choice between 2 Playgroups for dd age 3. This is the year before she goes to school. One is very convenient, walkable distance, so my babysitter can pick her up, but has a lot of kids and ends earlier in the day. The other one I need to drive 5 minutes, has far less kids, and longer hours, and costs less per hour. I feel that the one that I need to drive would give my dd a better Playgroup experience and prepare her well for school. The convenient one walkable from me would be a nice experience too (my older ones were fine there) but the one further away I got amazing references on. I work part time but I can adjust my hours as needed. I would get in another hour of work with the smaller group, but no chance of errands after work, etc. since my babysitter can't pick her up, it's not walkable.
So despite the necessary drive I decided to sign her up with the smaller group. I can drop off and pick up on the way to/from work, but my mornings will be a little pressured since they start earlier too.

Did I do the right thing? Make the best choice for my dd?

bubbebia

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 12:17 pm
The only way you'll know for sure is when she's been there for a while and comes home happy, excited about what she's learning, etc. But you've given her a better start, I think. It's what I would have done. Good for you, thinking about what would be best for your DC rather than for your own convenience. She'll have a great experience and will be enthusiastic for learning when she goes off to school.

luvinlife

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 12:27 pm
yes I really think you made the right choice for your DD. You put your daughter's needs before your own and will be going out of your way so that she will have more attention in a smaller group which is sooo important and seems like it's a great place. good for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics