Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I can't

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 8:27 pm
Sad

I can't do this anymore. My whole life revolves around her. Every time things seem to be settling down and I feel it's not so bad and I could deal with this, something comes flying at me to prove that I can't. I am so down...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 8:31 pm
maybe if you elaborate, someone could help you.
but you sound so sad, I feel really bad even without you elaborating

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 8:58 pm
I am sorry you are feeling so lost and helpless and overwhelmed and exhausted.

How can we help?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 9:08 pm
I wish someone could help. I wish this all was a bad dream and I will wake up and all will be well. I run around all day from doctors to therapies to more doctors and she makes progress and I think she will be okay and regular and normal and then something happens that shows me that this is very much a waking nightmare. She needs surgeries but she has very high risks with surgeries. She needs interventions but there are no guarantees that any of them will be effective. I feel like a useless hamster on a wheel. I get a boost of adrenaline and as soon as it hits it dissipates. I just want her to be okay and she isn't and I feel guilty when I feel this way because I know people have worse tzaros and they like to remind me of it like my friend today who told me when I called her looking for some chizzuk-well at least she isn't downs syndrome. As if that's supposed to be a comfort.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
like my friend today who told me when I called her looking for some chizzuk-well at least she isn't downs syndrome. As if that's supposed to be a comfort.

wow. I cant believe your friend told you that!
please tell her to sympathize better.
if you want to, you can say details and maybe someone here went through similar things with a child who can help you.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 9:42 pm
I'm sorry that you are going through such a rough time! Is there a support group you can find with others going thoug something similar??? Hope it starts getting easier!!!!!! Big hugs!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 10:55 pm
Hope you feel better. Hugs.

Davened for you.

Learning

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 11:00 pm
How old is she? And how is she taking her situation? I hope you get the strength to deal with everything.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 10:14 am
Thanks for the chizzuk. She is still a baby and is remarkably in great spirits considering all her challenges and limitations. Her mind is completely unaffected-everything is purely physical. I had reached out on imamother in regards to her condition but there is no "one size fits all" in this diagnosis and we are really in uncharted waters. I am part of a (non-jewish) support group elsewhere but it's so hard. Sad Sad

I did talk it out with my husband last night and gained a bit of perspective but still so down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics