Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
My son is looking for work during Bein Hazmanin in Israel

elee124065

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 9:20 pm
My 18 (turning 19 in March) son is not coming home for Pesach. The majority of the boys in his yeshiva are. He is looking to find some work during bein hazmanim as he is off a month from yeshiva. Does anyone know if any of the hotels hire American boys during that time? He really wants to work and make some extra money. He is hard working and very responsible. e does not speak fluent Hebrew. Would love to work in a hotel or restaurant. Thank you.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 10:58 pm
What kind of visa does he have?
He can only work (legally) if he has a work visa.

From the Israel Minstry of Foreign Affairs website:
Quote:

A/2 Student visa

This visa is granted to those who want to study in Israel in elementary and high schools, academic institutions, yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency. The visa is valid for up to one year and for multiple entrances and exits. Recipients of this visa are not permitted to work in Israel.

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/Consular......aspx

elee124065

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 6:42 am
Thank you so much for your reply. I believe he just has a student visa as he is just there to attend yeshiva for the year. I have heard that some seminary girls work for some of the hotels during that time so I assumed that the same could apply for him. Unless of course they have a different type of visa. He really needs something to do during his Pesach break.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 6:49 am
elee124065 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply. I believe he just has a student visa as he is just there to attend yeshiva for the year. I have heard that some seminary girls work for some of the hotels during that time so I assumed that the same could apply for him. Unless of course they have a different type of visa. He really needs something to do during his Pesach break.
If he is interested in that, he should go to the hotels and ask if there will be any work available.
I know that MANY yeshiva boys clean BEFORE pesach to make good money.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 9:59 am
He has to ask someone specific, like maybe get the phone number of the mashgiach at a hotel. There is kashering done before Pesach - blow torching and the like. It can be fun but lots of boys want to do it so you have to get in through a personal contact.

Is he the camp counselor type with initiative? He can offer a pre-Pesach day camp for young boys.

He can advertise house cleaning services, to be booked for late Adar and Nissan.

He may be accepted to conduct study sessions with boys at a hotel program, or hired to review Mishna and Gemara with individual boys over the bein hazmanim.

Pesach caterers and Pesach stores will need temporary extra help; call the people in charge now. Even supermarkets may need extra baggers during the pre-Pesach shopping crunch.

tizunabi

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 11:29 am
Is he interested in cleaning?/is he any good at it?
People <----- would pay good money for people to help clean their houses for pesach.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 12:01 pm
elee124065 wrote:

I can see someone doing very casual work like babysitting, etc. But I'd be surprised if *hotels* hired people with a student visa to work in their institutions. That is illegal, and both the employer and employee could get in trouble with the law.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 12:04 pm
Cleaning. Mother's helping.

I've never seen "kids" waitering at Pesach hotels here. I've not seen them working in hotels either. It's a year-round business, so it stands to reason that they regular staff is there Pesach as well.

elee124065

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 7:09 pm
Thank you for your feedback. He would love to help a mashgiach kasher before Pesach. He also would love to help with a study program in one of the hotels. He heard recently that he may be able to work in the matzah factory. He is going to try that as well. Keep the ideas flowing Smile Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions