Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me get my business to pick up...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 8:44 pm
Hi,
I opened a business about 10 months ago. If it picks up I could hopefully have a nice income. However for some reason it hasn't picked up as much as I would want it to. How do you think I can be more out there? People should know about me more. I have advertised already, it's a lot of money and didn't see that it helped so much.
thanks

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 8:59 pm
I think it depends on the business. For one of my businesses I've run promotions in local businesses to get 40+ leads a week.... also surveys... and sample mailings, etc....... for another of my businesses I wait for people to come to me via signing up for my newsletter on my blog since it's not my primary income and I don't have the time to work it like I'd like to.

For another of my businesses I've been finding clients via facebook. I've got entreprenuerial adhd and like having multiple sources of income.

Can you tell us what the business is and who your target market is? local? national? international?

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 9:47 pm
Another vote for needing much more info to be helpful.

One good tip I hear a lot is to figure out where your customers go and market to them. For example, if your product/service is useful to local mothers of school-age children, get creative and ask your local orthodontist if you can leave a stack of business cards there and hang a flyer on their bulletin board. Surely many parents are sitting there in the waiting room reading the walls during their kid's braces adjustment that's too short to really do anything else. Or the optician. Or the pizza store? Basically, look OUTside your own field for OTHER places where your customers congregate.

Sherri

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 10:10 pm
Have you read popular marketing books?

Seth Godin is usually recommended- http://www.sethgodin.com/ideavirus/

Sherri

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 10:14 pm
Word of mouth is very helpful in our community.

Can you offer your product/service for lower price/donate/free limited amount to gain exposure and happy clients?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 2:38 pm
I really don't understand how you expect anyone to help without giving more details.

If you are a shoemaker you would need very different advice from if you were say an online shipping company.

Please give more details. it doesnt have to be exact info that will give you away but a retail business? a service? online based? etc? Who are your clientel etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'm frustrated by your post because I feel so helpless and want to help but have no clue where to start with so little information.

Sorry for being amother but I feel stupid that I'm so frustrated.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 9:58 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
I think it depends on the business. For one of my businesses I've run promotions in local businesses to get 40+ leads a week.... also surveys... and sample mailings, etc....... for another of my businesses I wait for people to come to me via signing up for my newsletter on my blog since it's not my primary income and I don't have the time to work it like I'd like to.

For another of my businesses I've been finding clients via facebook. I've got entreprenuerial adhd and like having multiple sources of income.

Can you tell us what the business is and who your target market is? local? national? international?

can you give me some kind of idea... like what kind of a promotion would get you 40+ leads a week?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 5:03 am
well I don't know what kind of business you have..... for me I had store owners put a container for me on their counters with a sticker on it that said "drop your business card to win...." and I carefully chose the stores who did that for me. sushi restrraunts, chinese restaurants, ice cream places, mom and pop stores with one counter and people waiting in line--- no chains.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:24 am
Please post what kind of buss I would be interested inhearing ideas that might be good formy buss as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics