Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
For the seder what did u use?

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 12:39 pm
Don't gasp shock Us paper/styrofoam fancy, but paper never the less. Way easier for a seder with half of the town. Uh not quite Tongue Out .

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 12:41 pm
Funny you should ask ... I always use nice dishes ... I took out wine glasses becher & stopped there ... decided I wasn't in the mood and used paper for rest ... we were perfectly fine ...

Marion

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 2:17 pm
We used real.

su7kids

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 2:26 pm
Styrofoam all Pesach long, except we have real soup bowls, which are plastic!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 2:32 pm
This is our first Pesach with a dishwasher! I got extra flatwear and china and myhands hardly touched water or soap the whole yomtov!!!!!!

We ran one full load right afterwards. ah . . . .

shanie5

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:05 pm
real dishes except for dessert. It's not shabbos or yom tov w/o real (for me), but boy I could not wait for the hand cream afterwards!!!!!!!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:14 pm
We used real cutlery, real plates and bowls and glasses. As Shanie said it is not like a Yom Tov to me without real cutlery and crockery. But the biggest pain in the neck is trying to wash up with cold water. But at least this year we managed to get hold of Kosher L'Pesach Fairy washing up liquid. Wink

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:18 pm
we were guests out. they used nice plastic - I would have done the same, as I don't have pesach dishes yet (only 1 set of silverware).
I've seen really nice plastic dishes and silverware that look real. they're nice and very kdai, especially if you have lots of guests (though, for myself, I think they're too expensive to use every shabbos).

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:21 pm
We used plastic. To the absolute horror of an enviromentally aware guest, who was kind enough to tell us that you can recycle disposables (after cleaning them somewhat) She told us she only puts out rubbish once every few weeks - she recycles so much. I only use disposables on pesach, the rest of the year its real, unless we have more guests than china. Even so, I still have enough washing up with pots, pans, plastic containers etc

My new hachlata is to get a composter. I even called up the city council top order one, to be told it takes 10 weeks. So I will iy'h go and pick one up one after y't. Hopefully it will lower our rubbish bill. (we get charged each time we put the rubbish out to be picked up) as well as not being so wasteful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics