Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What is the funniest/ embarrassing thing your child said...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 11:39 am
Where do you amothers live that there was a first time to see an african american?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 11:47 am
I grew up in Europe. I remember being in the Post office wiht my mom and three year old brother, adn my brother pointed at a black lady and said' Momy why does that lady have such a dirty face:?" my mom was so embarrassed, we all ran right out of the post office and had to go back again later.
growing up in my hometown in europe it ws very unusual to see colored people in the eighties.
I am not trying ot be not PC btw, but I cant call them African americans, because they probably were not from america if you get what I mean, being in europe.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
growing up in my hometown in europe it ws very unusual to see colored people in the eighties.
I am not trying ot be not PC btw, but I cant call them African americans, because they probably were not from america if you get what I mean, being in europe.

Here there aren't many either and they are africans, not african americans.

harriet

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
First time I saw a black person ( 2yo) I said, "woof woof doggie!"

embarrassed

I know you didn't mean it to be mean as a 2 yo but it's mean and offensive to repeat now. Can it be removed?

pause

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 1:15 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
my 8 yr old son did not know that it's inappropriate to talk about nursing in public - it was the first time he found out what nursing is (he didnt remember from his now 5 yr old brother). Succos in my parents succah, in front of my father, brother, husband, etc, he tells my 3 yr old nephew proudly: "Do you know how my baby brother eats? From my mother's 'boch'! (stomach)" Boy did I have to change the topic...

Mama Bear, although it might have been embarrassing for you at that time, I don't think it's so bad... It's only his fascination with it that caused this scene. The more your son will see it, the less of a discussion it will be. It just "is".

My kids talk about it matter-of-factly (even in public - such as "malky gebt "hami" far ir baby") so I wouldn't get such a grand announcement from them.

But really, it's ok.

watermelon

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 2:44 pm
My kids were getting bullied a lot by an older aggresive kid in the neighborhood. The family was planning on moving to a different area, so whenever my kids would come home crying I would say "soon they're moving away and won't be able to bother you!"
Right before they moved out, the kid was bullying the kids again, and my kid said "well I am so happy you're moving!" A different mom in the neighborhood said "that's not a nice thing to say..." And my kid said "well that's what my mommy always says!!"
(This mom reported it to me and we laughed cuz we were really relieved to have the bullying end.)

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 3:44 pm
pause wrote:
Mama Bear, although it might have been embarrassing for you at that time, I don't think it's so bad... It's only his fascination with it that caused this scene. The more your son will see it, the less of a discussion it will be. It just "is".

My kids talk about it matter-of-factly (even in public - such as "malky gebt "hami" far ir baby") so I wouldn't get such a grand announcement from them.

But really, it's ok.

it's cultural. I think in Mama Bears circles it's not appropriate to speak about it.
I have no problem with such a thing and we're also very frum. (My kids also say that baby is drinking from mommys tummy, and so far I havent corrected them)
actually, just this friday night, a family member ate at my house, and she told me that my kids asked her if her 1.5 y old baby also eats from her tummy like our baby. didnt bother me the slightest.

morahaviva

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 7:20 pm
When the Mohel came to check my baby before his bris, my 3 yo daughter pulled on his leg to get his attention, then said, "my baby has a pen**"!! I almost hit the floor face first. Luckily the mohel was cool about it and said "I know, thats why I am here"!!!

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 8:39 pm
morahaviva wrote:
When the Mohel came to check my baby before his bris, my 3 yo daughter pulled on his leg to get his attention, then said, "my baby has a pen**"!! I almost hit the floor face first. Luckily the mohel was cool about it and said "I know, thats why I am here"!!!
I have to say that is a great mohel to be so on beat and be able to reply to such a thing.
I am very for kids knowing the real name of things it is just when it gets public it is a bit embarrassing LOL.

Ds doesn't talk that much yet so nothing majorly embarrassing happened yet.
He did tell our guest this shabbos that his mummy has a baby in her tummy but I thought it was so cute that he finally acknowledged the whole baby/tummy thing.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 10:54 pm
My two year old told her playgroup teacher "My totty moved his bed next to my mommy's last night"!!

boysrus

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
My two year old told her playgroup teacher "My totty moved his bed next to my mommy's last night"!!

oh well, at least her playgroup teacher knows now that you have a healthy marriage, I would nt worry about it too much...!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:02 pm
My 4 year old daughter said to my MIL ( who is overweight) "Why are you so, y'know ..jiggly?"
Thank G-d I was in the other room so hopefully my MIL thinks I didn't hear.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:30 pm
its not embarrassing when a 3, 4, maybe 5 yr old talks bout nursing in public, but for an 8 yr old it's not so appropriate anymore. it's not his fault; I talked to him matter of factly about it at home and never told him it's not appropriate to discuss it out loud. I learned my lesson...

gila-rina

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 1:20 am
8y.o. "Rebbe X was divorced 17 times"
me: shock shock shock
8y.o.:" well, he has 18 kids"
moral of the story - this is what happens when the word "relations" in the chumash is translated " they
got married" (usually followed by a birth) LOL

Last edited by gila-rina on Sun, Jan 26 2014, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 2:08 am
My daughter announced at the meal yesterday:
we have three very very very old people at our shabbos table, and one baby who doesn't eat any food. The rest of us are normal, right Mummy?

(FTR the 'very very very old people' are all in their seventies)

amother

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 5:53 am
ds 5 was sleeping in my bed cuz he had woken in middle of the night with a leg cramp. My baby was few weeks old and was screaching in the AM, dh had left to shul already so I went into his bed to nurse.
dh took ds to cheder later n his rebbe asked 'y did you come late? You slept late? Where did you sleep?' ds answers in his moms bed' rebbe says 'ur a big boy, big boys don't sleep in mommys bed? Now where did mommy sleep? 'together with daddy' :blushing

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 6:45 am
DD has always been extremely verbal, and she has this obsession with listing things.

One Shabbos we were staying by a friend of mine who has a lovely son (I think he was around 11 at the time, and DD was 3.)

DD looks up at him and says "You sure got a lot of balls!"

*** dead silence *** You could have heard a pin drop. That dear boy never said a word, he just stood there and waited for her to finish her sentence.

"You've got basket balls, baseballs, soccer balls, tennis balls, golf balls, super balls..."

The whole Shabbos table let out the biggest sigh of relief you've ever heard!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 7:57 am
5 year old to her new friend. Who is that lady you talk to
FRIEND: my bubbly
Dd: can't be because bubbys have that thing hanging on their neck and yours doesn't

amother

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 11:38 am
My daughter saw a black lady and said, "look mommy, there is a nanny. "

amother

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 11:41 am
My sister spoke to a neighbor in the apartment building elevator. She said, "I never saw my Daddy and I don't know who he is." This was from a girl whose father came home every night and spent every weekend with the family.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics