Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is a good Jerusalem neighborhood for young couple

ein od milvado

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:29 pm
My husband and I, along with our two month old son are looking to move to Eretz Yisrael, Yerushalayim in particular.

We are trying to move to a reasonably priced ( for jerusalem ) anglo neighborhood within a hour walk of the Kotel.

Any ideas?

Thank for the help in advance.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:11 pm
Most neighborhoods in Jerusalem are within an hour walk of the Kotel, reasonably priced is a separate question. What is your definition of reasonably priced? And what religious level/affiliation are you looking for - chareidi, chardal, DL? Are you making aliya or just going to rent for a year or two? What is DH doing or where is he learning?

For now Ramat Eshkol comes to mind, but if you give us more guidance, we could probably be more on target with recommendations.

ein od milvado

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:50 pm
doctorima wrote:
Most neighborhoods in Jerusalem are within an hour walk of the Kotel, reasonably priced is a separate question. What is your definition of reasonably priced? And what religious level/affiliation are you looking for - chareidi, chardal, DL? Are you making aliya or just going to rent for a year or two? What is DH doing or where is he learning?

For now Ramat Eshkol comes to mind, but if you give us more guidance, we could probably be more on target with recommendations.

We are Lubavitch and currently DH is learning in Kollel.

We are planning to make aliya at the end of the summer but are making a "pilot" trip to yerushalayim right before pesach to try to get things in order. We plan on renting for the first year as we get settled and are then looking to buy. DH is looking to attend Machon Lev for his masters degree while continuing to learn for half day.

ein od milvado

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:19 pm
no responses?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:59 pm
I'm not sure where the main Chabad shuls are in Yerushalayim. There's one in Sanhedria, I think one in Ezras Torah, though those aren't the cheapest neighborhoods. Ramat Shlomo has a replica of 770 so I would assume there's a sizable Chabad presence there, though I'm not sure you could walk from there to the Kosel in an hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions