Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Can YOU change a tire
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:05 pm
Wow, ok. I guess we didn’t have to use them enough to know, but for the few times that we did, it was a lifesaver. Think: 2 kids, + newborn, middle of the night on an interstate highway, 5 hrs away from home, 4 hours from the destination… pouring rain, not enough money for a towing truck… AAA shows up, 40 mts later we’re on our way. For ‘free’.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:06 pm
for a measily nothing ... I could do it myself ... "I ain't got no money and I'm in no hurry ..........." Music

now thank you for understanding MM ... nobody else seems to get it

if I am struggling nothing is measily ... $$ is more than tight ... so whatever it costs is too much ...

I build my stamina by doing things myself ... as a matter of fact my dd called me not too long ago ... for directions on her way traveling back to NY with some people ... so there ...

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:38 pm
Me and DH just had this discussion yesterday Very Happy . I don't know how but he is gonna teach me. Said he could even show me how to do it w/o a jack by driving onto an area where that tire would be suppended off the ground. I like being capeable. What if he isn't arround and I need to do something? I changed the kitchen faucet once cause he was too busy and I got tired of waiting. Amazing what you can learn from the internet!

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:40 pm
P.S. I fixed my sewing machine too. Looked up diagrams on the computer and saved myself a good $60. Remember this before you pay someone else! Don't be scared to just open stuff up and check it out.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:43 pm
ah - southernshalom a woman after my own heart ... last year I fixed my dryer ... and this year my oven ... the trick is to know when it is actually s/t that you cannot do and recede ...

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:46 pm
SouthernShalom wrote:
P.S. I fixed my sewing machine too. Looked up diagrams on the computer and saved myself a good $60. Remember this before you pay someone else! Don't be scared to just open stuff up and check it out.

Squash

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:00 pm
I'm really embarrassed but I'll admit that I can't put gas in the car either. But I don't drive that much anyway. embarrassed

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:04 pm
Well much to my family objection I have learned to put up sheet rock walls and finish them out, change light switches,paint etc. They think I should just sit back and let the man take care of everything. I just can't do it. He is good about teaching me too. We do the home improvement together. He is a handyman(his occupation). I think he is tired from doing it all day and sometimes the things at home get put off. I take pride in learning how to finish them. Very Happy However I tried to re-upholster my couch and stopped halfway. Slipcovers are sounding good!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:09 pm
so southernshalom ... my craziest project: I was going to call in the channel 19 news ... either way it was bound to be a wow ... "the woman is crazy ... she fixed her roof" or "the woMAN did it again!!!" - guess which one it was Wink

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:01 pm
Well I had to exterminate a rabbid opossom before it attacked the pets or the children. There was no touching it so you know who had to use the 22. I am surprised that it didn't draw attention by the news media. Here in tha' good ole' south(I.e. I saw the biggest tornader) "Crazy,Gun Wielding Jewishlady Fights Against Rabies Outbreak". shock

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:05 pm
Ok ok stop, I can’t anymore. It hurts!

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:11 pm
What hurts? Are you laughing or crying?

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:12 pm
laughing... with tears... that was too funny!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:31 pm
hey baby ... is this a competition ... I have threatened to shoot ... yes I can shoot a gun too ... only I believe in these northern parts it is illegal ... but where I lived in upstate NY it was fine ...

so how's that darned rabbid?

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:37 pm
No competition....hey, I am too scared to climb my roof so kudos to ya!!
Here, up in the northern part of the state people live in valleys w/o electricity and running water. They carry their weapons on the hip and pretty much govern themselves cause the "law" can't get to them(no 4 wheel drive). I live close to town an you are o.k as long as you don't shoot over property lines.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:43 pm
oh with all the excitement about your possum I forgot ...

here's the latest ... my tire is changed and the car is back in my driveway ... G-d knows I started but this nice gentleman 2 doors down (who does this for a living like so he knows how to do it a lot quicker than me) offered his help ... and how could I refuse ... so I needed a little more testosterone ... I got the nuts off myself and the car was gonna be jacked up soon ... but he had a better jack ... and a stronger muscle ... and well what can I say ... he doesn't think any less of me and that is the main thing Wink (cause he darn well knows I could do it - he's seen me in action) oh and I also took off the spare from the bottom where it hangs around waiting for a special day like today ... for a rainy slushy tire change ... Mr. Green

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:49 pm
Well if the help's offered, by all means sit back and have a sip of tea while you wait !

Liorah61

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:49 pm
I can/have changed tires, batteries, timing belts, alternators and windshield wipers. Learned to do it out of neccessity.

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:51 pm
I have yet to learn how to try one of them cars!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:55 pm
Liorah61 wrote:
I can/have changed tires, batteries, timing belts, alternators and windshield wipers. Learned to do it out of neccessity.

yet another woMAN to be proud of!!! and yes necessity will do that to you!!!

yes ... southernshalom ... a sip of tea sounds lovely ... or maybe a bottle of beer Mr. Green

withhumor ... don't worry I'll teach you how to drink & drive ... but not together ...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics