Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
The Monsey Eiruv- what can you tell me about it?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:22 pm
Looking into Monsey...
I have heard that not everyone holds by the eiruv, but what does that mean? Is it a certain crowd that doesn't hold it or just some people?
Do the families who consider themselves yeshivish/machmir hold by it?

Who are the Rabbonim that endorse it and say it's ok? Who says it's not?

If you're from Monsey do you hold by it? any other info..
Thanks!

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:41 pm
We moved to Monsey a few years ago, and I have never yet heard of anything like this. It must be a very small minority.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
Looking into Monsey...
I have heard that not everyone holds by the eiruv, but what does that mean? Is it a certain crowd that doesn't hold it or just some people?
Do the families who consider themselves yeshivish/machmir hold by it?

Who are the Rabbonim that endorse it and say it's ok? Who says it's not?

If you're from Monsey do you hold by it? any other info..
Thanks!

check out http://www.rocklanderuv.org/

I live in Monsey. Do you hold of an eruv where you live? There are people that dont carry. Some dont hold of any eruv, and some dont want their kids to play ball. (atleast in my neighborhood)

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:17 pm
Thanks!
I live in Flatbush and I don't hold of the eiruv. But most people don't here so that doesn't say much.

I guess both of you are saying that most people carry there.- Just want to clarify- is it also the yeshivish/kollel/machmir crowd? (I'm just asking it like that because that's probably where I'd fit in and I want to know what's done)

Thanks again

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks!
I live in Flatbush and I don't hold of the eiruv. But most people don't here so that doesn't say much.

I guess both of you are saying that most people carry there.- Just want to clarify- is it also the yeshivish/kollel/machmir crowd? (I'm just asking it like that because that's probably where I'd fit in and I want to know what's done)

Thanks again

You should ask your rov. It also depends on where you are moving to.

If you are moving onto my block and are very yeshivish you may feel uncomfortable carrying. I carry as well as some others, but we are the minority.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:35 pm
I grew up in Monsey, and live there now too. Years ago, only the modern crowd carried. Then the chassidim made an eruv in their neighborhoods. Today, most people carry, including yeshivish/kollel type. There still are some that do not. Some kollel neighborhoods have their own eiruv besides for the "Monsey Eiruv." It will really depend on where you end up.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:48 pm
There are six main eruvs. 5 of them overlap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating