Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Would you do it?

Would you wear your wig styled in an updo for your good friend's wedding?
Yes  
 32%  [ 38 ]
No  
 67%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 118

rachel91

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:42 pm
I have my very good friend's wedding coming up and decided to style my wig in an updo for the event.

What do you think about it?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:49 pm
I think updos are more for children's, sibling's, or an aunt's wedding. So unless she is like a sister to you, it might look overdone. But maybe it depends where you live.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

boysrus

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:54 pm
ColorMom wrote:
I think updos are more for children's, sibling's, or an aunt's wedding. So unless she is like a sister to you, it might look overdone. But maybe it depends where you live.

what she said Yes

rachel91

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:58 pm
Funny, all my friends told me I should do it, including the one getting married.

gumgum

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:01 pm
are you wearing a long gown? then maybe but I personally like wigs styled down better than updos.
if you are wearing short dress I dont think an updo wig will look good.
but that is just my opinion

MamaBear

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:01 pm
It's just hair, not even your own. Wink Don't overthink it, life's too short.

watermelon

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:10 pm
I've done it twice for close family weddings, it looked very pretty. I wasn't the only one with that sort of style either. Best part is the hair isn't all over you especially if you're sweaty from dancing up a storm...

rachel91

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:13 pm
MamaBear wrote:
It's just hair, not even your own. Wink Don't overthink it, life's too short.

I like your reply! Positive attitude! Smile

dimyona

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:14 pm
I love up-dos, and they happen to be in. I would suggest going for a more Bohemian or casual up-do in order not to look too overdressed if that's a concern. Incorporate some braids and loose waves and have fun with it Smile.

rachel91

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:23 pm
dimyona wrote:
I love up-dos, and they happen to be in. I would suggest going for a more Bohemian or casual up-do in order not to look too overdressed if that's a concern. Incorporate some braids and loose waves and have fun with it Smile.

Ive chosen the style I want already, its very classy, not overstyled at all.

bamba

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:28 pm
If you want to do it and feel comfortable in it why not??? Maybe you could do a more understated updo...maybe with a plait and half down....something not too much if you are not sure....
Njoy it all!!! :-)

STMommy

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:37 pm
If it's "bride approved", why not?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:55 pm
I for sure would for my best friend's wedding.

It won't look overdone at all- updos are very chic, especially messy ones- you can have a very updated look

groovy1224

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:04 pm
I wouldn't do it unless the bride said it was okay, or asked me to. Since she said you should, go for it! Go glam!

abaker

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:17 pm
no, just because I am not such a fancy dresser on a regular basis, and I blow dry my own sheitels. if I had a sheitel already in an up-do that wasn't too fancy I might wear it...but I voted no

ImaMum

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 4:01 pm
Sure why not? Especially as bride said its ok tho not sure why ud need permission. I had my sheital in half updo for my friends wedding. Off topic a bit but just interested in ur style of updo or where to see ideas for it? Its my sisters wedding soon and I have a pony sheital so looking for inspiration!

justcallmeima

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 10:35 am
rachel91 wrote:
Funny, all my friends told me I should do it, including the one getting married.

Then why are you asking??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels