Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buyer not paying on eBay
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

myself

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 7:37 pm
blumys wrote:
I don't think a seller can leave negative feedback for a buyer.

Why in the world not?

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
So the time passed when she was supposed to pay and she didn't pay. Now my question is how can I contact the person before her to give them a chance to pay?
Can I do or how do I get eBay to do it?

DH again:

There should be something on the page where the item was sold where it says "second chance offer". If not, search within ebay how to do it.

You should also report a non-paying buyer so that you can get the fees refunded.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 7:56 pm
Out of Towner thank you south for your advice and everyone else. I'm going to try to figure out how to do the second chance offer.

My question is with all these risks involved is there really money to be made selling on eBay plus all of evays fees?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 7:58 pm
I just looked again and I cannot find an option for second chance offer?

Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
Out of Towner thank you south for your advice and everyone else. I'm going to try to figure out how to do the second chance offer.

My question is with all these risks involved is there really money to be made selling on eBay plus all of evays fees?

Yes there is, but not in retail...more so in random items from around your house that you won't be able to sell.

With all ebay's fees, you get the marketing.

DH's other suggestion is to try Craigslist.

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
I just looked again and I cannot find an option for second chance offer?

Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Search on the ebay google button and type in second chance offer.

If not, simply relist the item.

naftala

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 8:36 pm
myself wrote:
Why in the world not?
. Unfortunately, it's true. I have had buyers refuse to pay and try to pull a scam. eBay will not allow a Seller to post negative feedback about a buyer. Absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me.

crystal

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 8:53 pm
You shouldn't relist the item before you advise eBay of the situation (by opening a case). They'll do a review and get back to you in a few days. Otherwise you could be made to look like the bad one because technically you already sold it and didn't ship it...

starmarket

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 8:56 pm
I would never sell on eBay again after the experience I had.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 9:40 pm
Starmarket what was your bad experience?

I emailed her and she emailed me Back that she is still waiting for her card?

If she is still claiming that she is going to pay can I still open up a case or do I have to wait for her to admit that she is not paying?

starmarket

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 9:42 pm
starmarket wrote:
You have to get a tracking number - and this is essential: signature upon delivery. Otherwise the buyer can say they never received it - this just happened to us - tracking number showed it was delivered but we didn't know a signature was required. The buyer got his money back and we were also out the product (over 300). Sad

This. Total bummer - even PayPal admitted that we probably got scammed. Not worth it - no more eBay for us.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 9:56 pm
People don't keep bidding on an item if they have no way to pay for it. Open a case with eBay, and DO NOT ship out the item until her payment cleared on your end and you are holding the cash in your hand. If not, she will stop the payment after you ship it out and you will end up without the item and without the money. And definitely spend the extra money on insurance and request a signature--although oftentimes the signature is not legible so it's worth virtually nothing.

Hmmm...maybe you should re-list the item. If this buyer leaves negative feedback you can contest it with eBay and they will remove it later once they hear your side. If indeed she is a scammer, it's not likely she'll pursue it if you decide not to sell to her. It's not worth the scam artist's time to stay with one person if there's any trouble.

Don't be scared to be tough--selling on eBay requires thick skin. If not, you will get taken advantage of.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:02 pm
Hi,

She just contacted me that she is still waiting for her debit card to come in the mail. She offered to wire me the money or western union or even money gram it. What does this mean and would that be outside of eBay?

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks so much!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,

She just contacted me that she is still waiting for her debit card to come in the mail. She offered to wire me the money or western union or even money gram it. What does this mean and would that be outside of eBay?

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks so much!

BE CAREFUL!! Nigerian scammers are notorious for their scams involving wiring money.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:20 pm
I checked this person on Facebook and there is such a real name out there. Also the ship to address in in the is in California. Could it still be an out of us scammer with a us address?

groisamomma

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:26 pm
Listen, no one can tell you what to do. If I were you, however, I would not do anything until I have the cash in my hand.

I went back and read her sorry excuse to you. If she indeed lost her debit card, she could have used her checking account via PayPal. That's how we do it.

Be wary. Good night!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:30 pm
Thanks groisa mama for that advice that is what I am looking for advice on how to get her to pay and I can be secure in sending out the cash. I am going to email get right now and tell her that.

Does anyone else have any good advice?

Thanks again.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:33 pm
I just emailed her if she can pay from her checking account via pay pal and ill let you know what she responds.

Thanks everyone again.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
I just emailed her if she can pay from her checking account via pay pal and ill let you know what she responds.

Thanks everyone again.

Yes, I am curious what bupka teretz she'll tell you this time. Good luck!

Hatemywig

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:39 pm
Reeks of a scam. A friend sold something on a sales site, she received similar excuses to the ones you are sharing with us. She was then offered to be paid via Western Union, they told her they're sending her a special code and she can take it to any Western Union to receive the money... SCAM ALERT!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics