Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buyer not paying on eBay
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:42 pm
She emailede back that she is going to check.

I'm waiting for her next email.

The thing is what I'm selling is a luxury item that not everyone would spend on and amazon doesn't sell such things. So I'm really limited to eBay.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:44 pm
I clicked on the link thanks to whoever sent it and I made a claim that I wasn't paid. I'm waiting for a response from eBay. There is a person below the winner who also bidded and she has a lot of positive feedback so I would love to just sell it to her I just don't know how to get to her. Also I hope she didn't change her mind his other person. A lot of eBay is the hype And bidding in the moment and afterwards when you think about it you think why did I bid so high.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Feb 15 2014, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
I clicked on the link thanks to whoever sent it and I made a claim that I wasn't paid. I'm waiting for a response from eBay. There is a person below the winner who also bidded and she has a lot of positive feedback so I would love to just sell it to her I just don't know how to get to her. Also I hope she didn't change her mind his other person. A lot of eBay is the hype And bidding in the moment and afterwards when you think about it you think why did I bid so high.

True, but you can always re-list.

I would send this gal an email and set down a limited amount of time which you are willing to wait. Say, I will wait until Monday 9 pm after which I am re-listing this item. I am sorry this did not work out for you, please prepare payment next time BEFORE bidding on item. Then set up your re-list and filter out people with 0 feedback.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 12:01 am
I'm waiting to see how she responds because she keeps on claiming that the money is sitting in an account and she just needs her debit card. So thanks groisa mama for your response because now she has no excuse either she is going to pay or she won't and will start to ignore me.

Also I am waiting to see what eBay tells me with my claim.

Thanks

groisamomma

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
I'm waiting to see how she responds because she keeps on claiming that the money is sitting in an account and she just needs her debit card. So thanks groisa mama for your response because now she has no excuse either she is going to pay or she won't and will start to ignore me.

Also I am waiting to see what eBay tells me with my claim.

Thanks

eBay can be very slow about responding to these matters, and most of the time the seller will lose out..it is a buyer's market on eBay for sure. She can add her checking account to her Paypal account like we did. Let us know what happens, okay? Good luck.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 12:10 am
Thanks groisa mama again for your help. I checked on the item and it says eBay sent a reminder for the buyer to pay. I looked all over and could not find a link anywhere for a second chance offer. I also put it into the search button and only got things that are for sale with the word second.

Does anyone know where this second chance offer button is?

Hydrangea

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:55 am
The Second Chance Offer can be found this way:

Click on "My Ebay" (should be on top at right hand side once you sign in)

Once you get to that page if it is not already set to "My eBay All Selling" then look at the left hand side "Sell" and click on "All Selling"

Towards the top of that page should be a section called "Selling Reminders"

Under that should be

1 item I sold is eligible for a Second Chance Offer. Click on the item and that should bring you to the place to do a second chance offer.

Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 7:11 am
Thanks so much for telling me how to do it. Can I do the second chance offer now or do I have to wait for eBay to get back to me?

AlSo she emailed me back that it's not giving her that option to pay from her checking account via pay pal. How do I tell her how to do it?

Thanks

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for telling me how to do it. Can I do the second chance offer now or do I have to wait for eBay to get back to me?

AlSo she emailed me back that it's not giving her that option to pay from her checking account via pay pal. How do I tell her how to do it?

Thanks

Major red flag!!!!! PayPal absolutely allows you to link checking account. You have opened a claim with eBay? Keep careful tabs on it and have them close it out when time is up for her to pay. It is not your problem to teach this woman how to effectively handle an eBay transaction. Take care of yourself. If she leaves you negative feedback, challenge it with eBay. She's the one couldn't be bothered to figure out how to pay you.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 9:39 am
Can I click in the link second chance offer or do I have to wait for eBay to get back to me with their claim?

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 10:56 am
I would wait for the claim to resolve before you offer second chance.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sel......html

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:00 am
groisamomma wrote:

I would send this gal an email and set down a limited amount of time which you are willing to wait. Say, I will wait until Monday 9 pm after which I am re-listing this item. I am sorry this did not work out for you, please prepare payment next time BEFORE bidding on item. Then set up your re-list and filter out people with 0 feedback.

Groisamomma gave you some great advice. Tell her to pay before the eBay resolution center closes the case, or you will have eBay rescind the sale. If she is not prepared to pay for an item within 2 days of the sale, she should not be on eBay.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:02 am
One more thing, you really need the resolution center to handle your claim. If she does not pay, you will still be charged final value fees unless eBay cancels the sale.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:06 am
You mean even if I don't get payment eBay can take their 10 percent?

Can't they see I never got the money?

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:11 am
You will pay that fee if you do not go through the process of reporting a non-paying buyer. It is how eBay works...they make you do it. But, this has happened to more times that I can count. Once I open a case, the Buyer either pays very quickly, or eBay eventually cancel the sale for me. It is a little time-consuming, and you do have to wait the required amount of days. You also have to stay on top of it and physically ask eBay to close the case once the required amount of days has passed without the buyer paying. But it's worth it. Once that's over, you can relist your item or offer a second chance. The buyer who didn't pay will get a ding on her record.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:15 am
naftala wrote:
You will pay that fee if you do not go through the process of reporting a non-paying buyer. It is how eBay works...they make you do it. But, this has happened to more times that I can count. Once I open a case, the Buyer either pays very quickly, or eBay eventually cancel the sale for me. It is a little time-consuming, and you do have to wait the required amount of days. You also have to stay on top of it and physically ask eBay to close the case once the required amount of days has passed without the buyer paying. But it's worth it. Once that's over, you can relist your item or offer a second chance. The buyer who didn't pay will get a ding on her record.

This. You have to go through the Resolution Center so that they know you're not conducting your transaction outside of eBay and denying them their fee.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:24 am
And DO NOT accept her offers to pay you outside of paypal. This buyer is shady and you absolutely want those protections.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 12:54 pm
She just emailed me that she is going to work now and will try to figure out how to pay from her checking account via PayPal. Is it really so complicated or is she stringing me along?

I read on ebays site that you are supposed to communicate with the buyer to get them to pay. I feel like my hands are tied right now I have to wait for her not to pay and for eBay to close out the claim and then I can do the second chance offer. I hope the other person will still be interested a week later. How long does it take for eBay to close a case?

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 1:15 pm
Your hands are tied. But it is worth doing things this way. The link I posted earlier has lots of good info about the eBay resolution center and the claim process. After you open a claim, the buyer has 4 days to pay. If she does not, you must go back into the Resolution Center and ask them to close.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:03 pm
So if I opened it Saturday night I can close it Wednesday night right?

I don't have to wait four working days because Monday is Presidents' Day so I do t have to wait an extra day.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics