Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Tired of being poor!
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 12:17 pm
I didn't get anything new for yom tov. Well, hopefully I'll buy some tights just in case it's cold in the sukkah.

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 2:39 pm
GR wrote:
Not to mention that prices go up every time we blink. Rolling Eyes
Why don't our salaries rise with inflation...?

Our salary is supposed to go up by a few percent every year because of inflation.

However we also have more kids and/or more expenses every year.

I think we just have to sit and count our brochos. Children, health, enough food, a roof over our head. Unless you are Iyov, you should have something to be happy about.

StrongIma

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 3:49 pm
I hate to say this, but we had no money when the 1st was born - so much so that we had no fridge at all for a while (we bought groceries very sparingly) and I got tzedaka in order to buy our 1st supply of diapers (cloth ones - when disposables were almost unheard of here in Israel). My husband hadn't even been accepted into a kollel and I was still in school. But even so, I much prefered the nisayon of poverty to that of poor health or lack of shalom bayis.

Ladies, I really hate to be so preachy but count your blessings!

shayna82

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 5:41 pm
SouthernShalom wrote:
Ah the frustation! Ok so I am a poor girl, been that way since birth pretty much. Now that I am trying to feed a family it is driving me crazy.
I am sick of grocery prices and the stress of what to buy that is inexpensive. I am tired of menu planning. I am tired of driving my 1989 car that clacks and clangs and always needs something. I am tired of worrying about clothes and freaking out when someone gets a stain I know won't come out. I am just plain tired of always cutting corners to make ends meet. I just want to go into the clothing store pick out a bunch of nice clothing for us, whip out the credit card and pay like everyone else.
If you wish to attack me for this post you can start your own "Attack Southern" thread so I don't have to read it on this one.

dont forget, the whipping out a credit card may look nice and easy to you, but you dont know how much money is sitting on that card with high interest rates... the grass will always be greener on the other side. hatzlacha to you, and may you have the exact opposite to say next year!

MyKidsRQte

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 6:07 pm
All I can offer are {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

grin

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 11:22 pm
I realized afterwards how unthinking my reply was - after all, each one suffers differently from the same nisayon. and "small" measures of suffering still hurt. Please forgive me.

anyhow, maybe you could look into 2nd-hand stores? I don't know about your area, but I've gotten some quite nice things, almost new, for very cheap. Sometimes I even prefer them to the newer styles in the stores.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 5:23 am
I know how you feel after going through 2 very hard years of no money and trying to strech a dollar as much as it can go, and now milk prices are crazy.... a lady came to me when I was dropping of my son to school, she said who does your shaitel? I said I did it she said that it looks like it and that I shold take her card b/c she washes them, I felt so bad , I wish that I could have gotten them done, I know that it looked horrible, it wasn't such a great shaitel to begin with... I know that she was trying to drum up business...
children and health are great brachos, but what about worrying every night how will I feed my children, the fridge is empty, I have to go shopping the only way I can is by relying on tzedaka, or pay with what I have how can I get the most for my money another shabbos with only egg salad.
now things are looking up but still it is really hard. I wish I could get a new kappota for dh and hat.
I don't want to be rich just to have enough for what I need . I can buy clothing for the kids food new shoes etc..
may everyone be blessed and have a good year...

imaamy

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 6:27 am
Amother, that woman should ask your forgiveness for Yom Kippur. That was rude--even if she does wash and set, it isn't her business to make you feel bad! She didn't know your circumstances. I am sorry that happened.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics