Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toddler vomiting randomly-- why?

princessleah

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 9:33 pm
I'm a little freaked out right now. Dd age 21 months as a baby was a spitter upper, but now she's bigger and having these random vomit episodes. 2 weeks ago she vomited once before sleeping, and it turned out she had strep. Last Friday she vomited randomly in my MIL's car.
Tuesday and Wednesday she barely ate anything, today was better and then after I put her to bed she vomited once and went to sleep fine.

What is going on? I will call the doctor tomorrow but want to know if anyone has had the same experience?

bubbebia

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 9:35 pm
Vomiting can be the only sign a kid has strep so maybe the antibiotic didn't work so well.

Also, I might look back at what the child ate on those occasions? Could be a food allergy or something like that. Definitely need to hit the doc's office.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 9:36 pm
Lots of reflux kids do this. If she was a big spitter upper, it's pretty likely.

princessleah

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 10:32 pm
Thanks. Just want to calm down that it's not ch"v a sign of something serious. Perhaps a visit to the GI doc is in or future.

miami85

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:38 pm
I had this with my son, and a neighbor told me her son had it. What I've learned thus far with my son it first seemed to happen randomly--but then it mostly happened in the car--so we made a policy of no drinking milk in the car and it seems to have helped. And my neighbor told me that they tested her son for celiac disease. Bottom line--there could be a lot of variables. Have to keep watching for patterns.

m+m

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:44 pm
DD does this also. We decided she may have car sickness and we turned the car seat forward facing. It happened once every few months no rhyme or reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics