Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you fit in dentist appointments

amother

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 7:36 pm
I am working part time and I pick up my three little ones as soon as I am done working. Three of my older kids have a mouthful of cavities and I honestly can not find the time to take them to get them filled- aside from taking off work! What do other working women do?

Pineapple

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 7:39 pm
Sunday or afternoons

zaq

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 7:52 pm
legal holidays when I'm off work and they have only a half-day of school. But if I knew my kids had cavities, I would pull them out of school to take them to the dentist if that was the only way to get them there.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 8:00 pm
The question is not about the kids taking off school but more of as a working parent taking them to the dentist with three little kids in tow!

Dh works on Sundays and try as I might I can't find a babysitter for the afternoons

I guess the only option I see is taking off work- I was just wondering if that is what everyone does

busydev

bring the little ones along. (is there a waiting room?)
get a babysitter and bring your kids before or after work.
ask your dentist if they have any off hours-late after your dh is home or you can get a babysitter or on weekends.
the longer you wait the worse it can get

ra_mom

On the way home from work late in the afternoon.

losingweight

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 8:03 pm
I don't work yet I ask for the last appointment or Friday afternoon. Now especially with the days getting longer it's very manageable. I plan my Thursday around the appointments Friday. And I take whoever can't stay home. Also make appointments for all kids at once.

ElTam

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 8:05 pm
I have a dentist with evening hours. For the kids, we schedule them all at the same time.

zaq

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 9:25 pm
I always made appointments for the whole family--except dh--at the same time. I sat in the dentist's chair with the kids in my lap when they were small. If your children with the cavities are older, they don't need you in the room while the dentist sees to them. You can be in the waiting room riding herd on the younger kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics