Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Have you ever done an apostille?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 6:23 pm
Done, gotten, whatever it's called.
We had it done for our marriage license, but I don't exactly remember what we did. We need to do it for all of our birth certificates and when I was going to do it last year, the web gave a place to mail it in to, a place in the city and they'll mail it back. I never did it and now my dh is in the city and he went to the place to have it done and they told him he has to get some things done with it first including for it to be notarized. Has anyone done it and had to have it notarized first and what else did you need done? They weren't very clear to my dh and refused to help more.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:16 am
No one has ever done it?

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:28 am
my daughter did it ... I looked up stuff on-line for you - but it sounded like a foreign language ... besides - what city is your husband in ... new york ?

http://www.state.gov/authentic.....2.htm

http://www.state.gov/authentic.....1.htm

Request of Authentications Service DS-4194 - you'll need one of these for each birth certificate

http://eforms.state.gov/editdo.....=1126

coconutbutter

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:39 am
I have to get my marriage license done so that I can make Aliyah but being that I am in Israel it is quite the challenge (apparently you can only do it it in the place where the original document was) Being that we got married in NJ closest place is trenton and we've got no one who wants to shlep out there to do it for us.... Crying

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:04 am
coconutbutter wrote:
I have to get my marriage license done so that I can make Aliyah but being that I am in Israel it is quite the challenge (apparently you can only do it it in the place where the original document was) Being that we got married in NJ closest place is trenton and we've got no one who wants to shlep out there to do it for us.... Crying

OK, I can tell you my expeirence, here in Israel, getting an Apostille.

We had a document from the States to give power of attorney to a family member. We got an Israeli notary and then went to the Court to get an Apostille. It was very simple and easy- they looked up my lawyer on their approved list of notaries, stamped it and stuck an apostille label on the document.

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 7:21 pm
I did for my son. I brought the document to a notary and had it notarized. Then I sent it to the state department with payment and return envelope. was fairly easy.

And I got all the info on how and what to do online.

Unfortunately, they weren't accepted by some of the Israelis-they can be temperamental!!

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:02 pm
Apostille--that's the word I can never remember. I'm sorry, it was a long time ago and I don't recall particulars, just remember that I had to go to Agency A to get Document A and Agency B to fill out Form B and back to Agency A with both forms and get things notarized in between. Natch I needed our marriage certificate and probably birth certificates, plus fees, of course. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a good book and snacks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating