Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Please help me find a job

amother

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 2:22 pm
I desperately need to find a job. My husband is also looking but might go back to school. I have 3 kids be"h and for now we are having trouble even paying our bills.

I have worked and am working as a paralegal. I worked for a couple years in an office and am now doing legal work online.

I also have a BA.

I now work online with flexible hours but the work is not steady enough. An online job with flexible hours would be ideal.

I am in Israel and would work out of the home in the mornings if it paid enough to send my baby to a babysitter.

smss

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 2:33 pm
OP first of all Hug. job searching is really hard.

I hate to say it but I've been hearing a lot lately about these flexible hours online jobs that just don't have work consistently. everyone I know who has that kind of job is having the same problem you are.

how is your hebrew? is a job that requires that an option?

just to throw out a few ideas...
would you do anything with kids- babysitting, gan, mishpachton? the advantages are that you get to stay home, you can set the hours to some extent, and you don't have to pay for babysitting for your own kids. in some areas, these can be real money-makers.

if you want to stick with office-type work, there are always those american outsourcing kinds of jobs- they don't pay well, but better something than nothing...

hatzlacha and I hope you find something quickly!!

amother

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 2:55 pm
OP here -
yeah, I've had this job for two years already and if the work was constant it would be amazing - great pay, conditions, work etc. That's why I'm so reluctant to drop it but it's really not enough.

I understand hebrew really well and can speak it but not fluent or fast enough to actually have to work professionally.

I ran a gan two years ago and then stopped because it was hard having it in my own house with no adult interaction. I now sub in gans two days a week and randomly a few hours a week. I would even reopen a gan but my neighborhood is so overflowing with gans that no one is getting a full group and new gans are still opening for next year.

My job now is an outsourced American job that pays really well. A few weeks ago I got another similar job and tried to work at both at the same time but the new work was sooo unsteady and with such a bad boss that I stopped it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 8:55 pm
Can you watch the baby of another woman in the morning? Just a not-yet-mobile baby. Then you would simply be taking care of two babies, and getting paid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics