Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach Manos for child's therapist / SEIT

amother

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 12:21 pm
I would appreciate to hear some suggestions what give to my pre-school child's therapists (including SEIT). I usually include for the teachers an envelope with money (about $20 each) along with a nice but simple mishloach manos but not sure what is appropriate for a therapist. If I also give money to the therapist then I assume $20 is cheap and would need to give more...or can I just instead give a nice but inexpensive dish with the mishloach manos?

I don't have extra money this year but will give money if I really need to. (I would prob give teachers a bit less this year). The question is, do I need to give money to the therapists? If yes, what amount is decent enough?

Thank you!!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 12:23 pm
You don't NEED to give $ to teachers/ therapists
Its nice if you do but if you can't don't

amother

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 9:28 pm
Pineapple, I guess you are right...

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 9:56 pm
A nice mishloach manos with a note is enough.
If a therapist has really gone above and beyond for your child, extra recognition would be nice and I would prioritize that above the teacher who has 20 other kids to give them gifts (unless the teacher also went above and beyond for your child personally) If you do want to give money and $20 is what you can afford, I wouldn't worry about being cheap. Seems perfectly respectable to me! If it would make a difference to you in terms of other competing demands on your budget, you can also defer this recognition to the end of the year and give something nicer then.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:03 pm
SIET here- you can give the SIET/ therapist whatever you give to the teacher. No need to give extra $ or a fancier MM

runninglate

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:16 pm
$20 is a perfectly acceptable amount. It's not expected, but it's appreciated. However, seits don't receive anything from most parents, so twenty is really nice, and not cheap looking.

avimom

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:18 pm
Yep- most parents don't even bother. I wonder about that- don't they think the therapist deserves as much appreciation as a teacher???? It's definetly the thought that counts!

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:47 pm
I think the therapist deserves as much appreciation as the teacher, but in terms of actual gifting the therapists get paid more in the first place for what probably boils down to less work, in most typical cases (though as I said before, something special may be in order if they have really gone out of their way for you). Plus, if they're working in contract with the DOE, there are legal and ethical issues with accepting anything from parents.

avimom

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:49 pm
I'm not speaking about money... just a simple shalach manos.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 10:39 am
Thanks to all that replied!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:49 am
avimom wrote:
I'm not speaking about money... just a simple shalach manos.
I would appreciate simple MM, with a nice personal note, even if it comes with no money
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics