Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Spinoff- Shabbos Invites

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 11:25 am
For anyone who has ever judged anyone for not responding to them or "ignoring" them.

If I forget to get back to someone or forgot to do something, the longer that passes, the more anxious I get. And then doing that thing becomes harder and harder.

For example, if I need to write an email and I push it off, the next few days I'll be thinking about writing the email and get anxious about it. I'd get so anxious that I won't be able to write it so I push it off more until I force myself to do it. While doing it and afterwards I feel a horrible amount of anxiety. And then I'm so anxious about the whole thing that I don't even feel relief after I've done it.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 1:12 pm
I could have written this post too.

Thing is, people would never guess it of me. I write public emails fairly often, and nobody would guess how much anxiety I get from responding to a simple "thank you, that was really inspiring!" email.

I feel like sending out a public email explaining this so people don't feel bad that I'm ignoring them.

I think it's related to a perfectionist attitude even in writing stupid little emails.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette